Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 18, 2024, 07:18:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do for prevention of motorcycle theft?  (Read 42674 times)
sleeperbold

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2010, 03:42:14 PM »

I have a Kryptonite Stronghold Anchor that I had a contractor put in.

http://mytinyurl.com/pfrq68jzh3

Then I thread Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit Chain with Disc Lock through the frame.

http://mytinyurl.com/5xkrf2sr7s

I then top it off with a Xena XX-14 disc lock and alarm for added protection, plus noise for if someone touches the bike.

http://mytinyurl.com/7w6stxk70r

Obviously if someone wants the bike they'll take it. But the bike is  parked right outside my window and they'll need some noisy equipment to get through the locks, and the Xena is set off by shock or movement. So if they want to risk getting shot by my Kahr 9MM, they can try taking my 1098.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 04:08:52 PM »

So if they want to risk getting shot by my Kahr 9MM, they can try taking my 1098.

What model Kahr?  I have one of the first-gen E9's.  Love it.  They are so underrated.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
uglyducky
something, words, clever . . .

one way to do this is we can all get naked . . .

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 04:51:39 PM »

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp
i just sit around in my garage naked most of the time. scares everybody away.

2008 S4RS - Tricolore #324 (about to get bastardized)
2007 S4RS - pearl/red with some tweaks (sold)
2005 S4R - Bastarda Nera (sold)
2001 M900Sie modded to high holy hell (sold)
2001 996 Biposto - (sold)
dirtypunkysocalreggae . . . MANDORiCO
dubbedown

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 07:52:22 PM »

Squire U-lock on front wheel

On Guard Beast 5017 chain on swingarm locked to a metal fence post

Thinking about adding the Xena

06 Ducati Monster S2R 800 - wifey
Bitubo damper, Goldlines, Marving midpipe, 14T, CRG LS / Shorty levers, CF rear guard, 3000K HID, Caswell

06 Sport Classic 1000 Mono (one night stand)
Termi CF, DP ECU, DP filter

03 Ducati Monster 620ie (first love)
Termi Ti, PC 3, Open airbox, 14T, SM M3 bar, CRG LS, Pazzo levers, 5000K HID, Cookie1
Skybarney
Fako

Feel free to PM me - No public replies.

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2013, 06:41:34 AM »

Note to all:  There is not a lock made that will stand up to a high speed Dremel and a metal cutting wheel.  I have had to cut several locks and cables over the years as I am bad with keys sometimes.  I have cut through some serious locks and chains in 30 seconds or less.  Pretty quiet also.

Two things I don't do.  Keyboard bullies and hypocrites.
Feel free to PM me if needed, otherwise you will find me elsewhere.
Southpaw

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2013, 05:14:39 PM »

I keep bikes that are low on the theft list.  Most European bikes don't gather any theft attention in central ohio.
monster 795

My Ducati Monster 795 cafe racer

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2014, 12:48:50 AM »

I use multiple locks on front and back wheels. I chain and cable to another bike as well as some part of the garage structure. I have a lock with a motion alarm and one of the bikes has a motion alarm built in too. I cover the Duc as well. So, they can't just pick it up, can't just cut cables and then torch through the chain without one or both motion alarms going off, which, by the way get the six or so close by neighbors dogs all barking which always wakes me up if the alarms don't. In fact, the dogs bark whenever someone comes by late at night.

Multiple methods which deter and delay a theft make me sleep better at night.
Southpaw

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2014, 09:02:47 AM »

I've heard of people who have the rideon unit on their bike actually using that to find the stolen bike(since the newer ones have GPS built into them primarily for giving you your ride route) as well as for one being able to find 2 chop shops the person who stole it went to.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: