Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 03:48:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for new gear.  (Read 5040 times)
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 06:56:34 PM »

Yeah, I'm gonna have to pick up a copy, too.  I always thought the must-own ride guide was either Twist of the Wrist 2 or Total Control.  Both good, but now I'll have to read through Hough and compare.   waytogo

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Triple J
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 08:02:53 PM »

Those are good books too, as is Sportbike Techniques by Nick Ienastch. Proficient Motorcycling is ALL about the street though, so I think it's the best overall for street riders. Lots of good books out there though.  waytogo Bayliss' new book is good as well, although it is almost 100% track.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 08:04:29 PM by Triple J » Logged
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2015, 06:09:31 AM »

FWIW my go-to book reccos are Houghs and Parks (Total Control). As noted, Houghs book is a lot of street/road survival. And I like how Parks breaks down various elements. He also takes pages to go over controls set up - which most ignore

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2015, 07:24:36 AM »

I lived in Atlanta (Alpharetta) on and off for 10 years. I bought my first bike up there and found the forum that spawned this one at that time. I had issues finding someone to ride with here. Once you feel comfortable, you'll end up driving up 400 to the mountains (Dahlonega, Helen, TWO, etc.) That's where you'll find the real scene.

TripJ got it spot on. Your attitude will dictate if you'll crash. At first you're really up tight and paranoid, then you get better and faster. This is where you're really in danger. Overconfidence is you're worst enemy. Balance between paranoid and overconfidence is the key.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: