Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 04:42:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evotech Tail Tidy (Pics Needed from California Users)  (Read 1431 times)
EEL

« on: January 30, 2015, 08:16:39 AM »

So I got the tail tidy installed and it all went without a hitch except for the license plate itself. I have a california license plate and the holes dont line up. Can someone post some pics of how the california plate is supposed to be attached? I have these two license plate funky adapters and they almost seem to be an afterthought.

Thanks in advance.

FYI, Looking for 696,796, 1100, 1100 evo pics.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 08:26:50 AM by EEL » Logged
danaid

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 10:01:15 AM »

Definately seems like an afterthought , this is how I installed mine evotech

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
09'     696.   Red   first Ducati (sold)
EEL

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 10:50:23 AM »

Arg,

That's exactly what I was getting. The brackets stick out the side in a weird way.
I thought I was doing it wrong but I couldn't get it to work any other way. Hence the request to the braintrust.

Looks like I'll just need to get a piece of aluminum from the hardware store and drill out a custom bracket. I don't want to drill holes into the license plate.

BOO!
EEL

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 11:35:22 AM »

I've filed my grievance with EVO-Tech. When I spend a significant amount of money for a product, I expect it to function right. Really disappointed that these guys couldn't produce a bracket that would work for the most populous state in the United States (and probably the largest Ducati market in the US as well)

On a side note, the feature to review their product on their website is broken. Not surprised about this because I'm willing to be that a lot of people would complain if they had it aactually working.

I bought their exhaust hangar as well so I'm already on the hook for two purchases. No way I'm giving them any more business.

danaid

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 12:15:38 PM »

I was/am at some point going to also make a new mounting bracket, probably, simply out of a piece of aluminum stock. My kit came with plastic wing nuts to attach the license plate and cheap aluminum  hardware for the adjustment brackets which I replaced with proper hardware, loctited in place and it has been that way for some time.
 Overall I am very happy with the product and I have seen other, more poorly designed tails.

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
09'     696.   Red   first Ducati (sold)
EEL

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 01:41:14 PM »

I went and bought some 1/8" thick aluminum bar stock from the hardware store. Out 5 bucks for material and probably another 5 bucks for fasteners when I'm done.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: