Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 11, 2024, 03:12:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing the Rev Limiter  (Read 1011 times)
Crazy Canadian

« on: July 14, 2008, 09:54:02 AM »

I met a guy the other day with an SV, and he said one of the best and cheapest mods he did was some kind of device that turns off the rev limiter.  I forget the name of it, but he said it made a big difference in performance.  He made it sound like this was gained without running at higher RPM's.  Is this srt of thing available for our Ducs, and if so, is it a big deal or even advisable to use??

2007 S2R 800, 14T Front Sprocket, Simple Tail Chop, SpeedyMoto Sliders, Arrow Steering Damper, Rizoma Reverse Retro Bar End Mirrors, Arrow Full Exhaust, Crazy Ass Driver.
Hedgehog

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 09:55:45 AM »

Ignore the moron with the SV.  Turning off your rev limiter is just asking for expensive engine repairs.  You're riding a twin.  Most of the fun is much lower in the rev range; not up near the rev limit.
Crazy Canadian

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 10:01:11 AM »

That was my initial thought.....danger, danger!  Especially the way I ride.  I'm hard enough on my equipment already.

2007 S2R 800, 14T Front Sprocket, Simple Tail Chop, SpeedyMoto Sliders, Arrow Steering Damper, Rizoma Reverse Retro Bar End Mirrors, Arrow Full Exhaust, Crazy Ass Driver.
mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 10:34:02 AM »

I met a guy the other day with an SV, and he said one of the best and cheapest mods he did was some kind of device that turns off the rev limiter.  I forget the name of it, but he said it made a big difference in performance.  He made it sound like this was gained without running at higher RPM's.  Is this srt of thing available for our Ducs, and if so, is it a big deal or even advisable to use??

If the gains were made without running at higher rpms, then what did removing the REV limiter do?

Ask him for dyno charts.

mitt

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: