Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 28, 2024, 02:13:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blasphemy and Sacriledge  (Read 4141 times)
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 03:28:42 AM »

Putting together an old style steel clutch kit that will add 2kg to the rotating mass.  Shocked While not as vivid as a change in flywheel (I may have to do that too), it does make a difference.   It goes against the grain to select every part in steel! Im fitting a steel clutch cover as the early alloy ones are getting hard to find.

2015 Scrambler 800
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 03:01:56 AM »

Have stock bars to fit for more leverage for lighter steering with substantial bar ends. Also some rough Remus pipes which I will tart up (and put the Termis away safely). The Remus pipes are still loud for the bike to be heard.
Also looking for a seat cowl and stock seat. I will get the cowl and a spare bikini fairing painted to match the red tank for less dark carbon and more color.
Back to stock ride height too as my daughter is 5'3". Also I will have to soften the suspension to a compromise setting as we will share the bike.

I hope these thoughts are helpful to anyone prepping a bike for a newer rider or small person. Any other suggestions are welcome.
Cheers.

2015 Scrambler 800
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 09:33:33 PM »

Seat cowl to paint red. Thanks Carlos
Bars and pipes thanks Nibor
Clutch parts thanks Rudemouthsky and GK
EVR progressive engagement pressure plate. Thanks Motowheels.
Cyclecat crash knobs. Thanks Rudemouthsy.

Thanks to all you blokes offering stock seats. Really appreciate it. Not sure which one will work best yet.

It's good to buy parts from the community here with all it's goodwill.
Cheers.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 09:38:43 PM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 04:15:46 PM »

When I get the EVR progressive engagement pressure plate I'll test it and give a report in a separate thread. It is claimed to smooth clutch action to be less abrupt with no groaning and a more progressive feel. I guess less chance of stalling or unexpected wheelies! Good for newbie riders. I want to do everything I can to make the bike easier to ride safely.
I'll try it and see how well it lives up the claims by the mfr.

2015 Scrambler 800
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 05:40:33 PM »

I also have a stock seat you can have T, shipping it may be a deal breaker tho. 2001 so it'll fit, but fit "weird". I also may have a beat up Corbin which will lower ride height significantly. (I went from tip toes to flat foot with that change only) The Corbin is a pre-99 so it should fit perfect.

My 98 M750 that I've decided to finish off (much thanks to you for that) will also have several parts available soon as I'm upgrading/replacing the:

- Sachs shock
- Rearsets
- Exhaust
- Handlebars
- Upper yoke/TT

So you're welcome to any of those items if you don't mind waiting a little while.

"while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." -Debs
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2015, 05:56:03 PM »

Maybe the old Corbin will do the trick.  bow down It has the old catch and shape for the tank cut out? Marty might have a stocker also.
Ill let you know.

2015 Scrambler 800
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2015, 06:40:30 PM »

Maybe the old Corbin will do the trick.  bow down It has the old catch and shape for the tank cut out? Marty might have a stocker also.
Ill let you know.

They're the best looking seat too, imo.

"while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." -Debs
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2015, 01:07:14 AM »

I also have a stock seat you can have T, shipping it may be a deal breaker tho. 2001 so it'll fit, but fit "weird". I also may have a beat up Corbin which will lower ride height significantly. (I went from tip toes to flat foot with that change only) The Corbin is a pre-99 so it should fit perfect.

My 98 M750 that I've decided to finish off (much thanks to you for that) will also have several parts available soon as I'm upgrading/replacing the:

- Sachs shock
- Rearsets
- Exhaust
- Handlebars
- Upper yoke/TT

So you're welcome to any of those items if you don't mind waiting a little while.

What type of exhaust? The bars alloy?

2015 Scrambler 800
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 04:51:36 PM »

A big thanks to everyone who have been so helpful and rummaged around their spare parts. waytogo

2015 Scrambler 800
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 04:58:38 PM »

I have an early style stock seat somewhere Tony if you haven't found what you're looking for yet.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 05:05:39 PM »

Thanks Nate. So far only later style seats have turned up, so I may need it if the last couple of leads fall through.
Cheers.

2015 Scrambler 800
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 10:49:17 PM »

Ride height is back to stock now. Lubed the swivel joints, spacers, threads and pins while I was at it. The rear was previously raised 30mm and front 5mm. I'll test it with the front as is and go from there.

Played with clutch springs and clutch pack height to get the softest clutch pull without slipping and achieved a good result. Trying to get the clutch throw just right. You can see where I'm going with all the subtle mods, from ex weight lifter to cheer leader ergos. Also adjusting lever positions and throttle cables for little hands. It's all the little things setting a bike up to make for sweet operation and control for the individual rider.

We will each have our own seat with cowling. My seat is customized with raised height with a forward hip tilt. It opens the knee joints and supports my old back. I can ride for hours with no numb bum. The local auto upholsterer guy is brilliant, tailor making each seat mod for your personal ergos. The quality of his work is such that he does show bikes and cars. Worth every cent.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:54:52 PM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 05:02:23 AM »

re: seats; Just OOC, are the older ones (93-99) "forward compatible" but you can't go the other way? Almost positive the Corbin I bought 2nd hand years ago was from a 98 or 99, and fit my 01 M750 but with a slight gap between the front and the tank. (although I didn't think it looked too bad or out of place.) Never tried fitting one the other way but it seems like that'd be impossible without extensive mods that weren't worth it.

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 05:12:26 AM »

I reckon so.

2015 Scrambler 800
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2015, 10:04:58 AM »

re: seats; Just OOC, are the older ones (93-99) "forward compatible" but you can't go the other way? Almost positive the Corbin I bought 2nd hand years ago was from a 98 or 99, and fit my 01 M750 but with a slight gap between the front and the tank. (although I didn't think it looked too bad or out of place.) Never tried fitting one the other way but it seems like that'd be impossible without extensive mods that weren't worth it.
The cut out at the back of the tank is smaller on the older bikes, so you could use an old one on a newer bike with a poor fit, but a new one won't slide far enough into the brackets at the front of the seat to latch.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: