Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 03:02:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TX Bonded Title  (Read 1242 times)
pesto

« on: April 14, 2015, 05:12:49 PM »

I bought an untitled 2002 R6 track bike a couple of weeks ago and am working on getting the bonded title. Anyone done this before and have any tips? I've done the initial DMV sit and am awaiting verification of the surety bond insurance, then another trip to the DMV. Any advice appreciated. Worried about "gotchas".

pesto

2013 White M696
ducnut

08 848 , 04 MTS 1000DS

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 01:48:32 PM »

I did the about 10 years ago. You have to go to DOT and also county for taxes. You can get the bond from a regular insurance company like allstate. I remember having to get an appraised price by a bike dealer. You will need to take a picture of the bike. i would go to the DOTDMV or whatever it is in TX . I went to the one at hwy 360 and 6 flags. there was a very helpful lady who walked me through it. All in all it was easy
pesto

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 08:14:11 PM »

Thanks very much for the input! I wish I had my bike put together when I went to the DMV last time, I could have gotten it street legal right then and there had I had inspection in hand (texas two step), but it looks like now I'll have to wait for the bonded title in the mail, then get it inspected, then registered. All a bit of a pain but hopefully worth it.

2013 White M696
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: