Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 07:25:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMS has the new Multistrada  (Read 1257 times)
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« on: May 16, 2015, 04:35:37 AM »

I was over at AMS the other day and saw that they have the new Multi.  One was a "Base" model, the other was an "S."  You can get 'em in any color you want as long as it's red.  HOWEVER, there is a white body with red frame option out there - they're just not in yet.

I will admit, I'm not crazy about the looks; it's a semi-agressive evolution of the current bike, especially the front end.  Which only means that the new Multi will never be confused with anything else.  Not a bad thing, of course.  I'm jus' sayin'

There are several cool things about the  "S" :  it has a comprehensive data, full color, TFT instrument panel that you can configure to show only the data you might be interested in like showing only mph or rpms.  There's also crusie control, "cornering" lights (not sure how all that works), electronically height-adjustable wind screen, and, more to the point, anti-wheelie control.  (I won't even look at a bike if it doesn't have anti-wheelie control…)  

As you've probably already read, there are separate option packages for "Touring," "Urban," "Sport," and "Enduro."  Each group has different parts - there is no overlap.  (And, just so you know, the Termi slip-on is in the "Sport" pack along with the requisite CF bling)   Evil

But the absolute BEST thing about the new bike is that the seat height is adjustable; bring it up and add three pieces of small non-descript black trim bits - or - lower the seat and loose the trim bits.  It visually is hard to tell the difference between the two set-ups. With the lower seat I can now pretty well flat foot the new Multi.  Which is not what I can say about my Pikes Peak; tips of toes, then shift completely over to one side and rest flat-footed on one leg ala, Dani Pedrosa.

Anyway, the consistent supply of these bikes is not yet up to speed.  In fact, both bikes I saw that day were already sold.  As of several days ago (May 12), there is no demonstrator. Jeff says everything related to the new Multi should have been here well before now.  

So!  there you have it; a very brief run-down of the new Multi.  I'll prolly go ride one whenever they get several of 'em in.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:39:28 AM by Cher » Logged
TresGatos

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 08:07:08 AM »

It sure is nice to have our cub reporter on the scene (as usual) Grin waytogo

I absolutely love "anti-wheelie control", even if it is just a marketing gimmick; great squid repellent!

Also, Lisa aka Cher: I misteaked your Pikes Peak for a Hyper from a posted pic.  It's OK that they made the Multi look like the more desirable bike IMHO  Evil  I have to admit I have not ridden a Multi of any generation, so my Hyper preference is mostly based on ignorance.  Police

The way things are going, aging body wise, a Multi may be my next (if ever) moto purchase. 

'65 Honda CM91 - '98 Suzuki DR650 - '08 695+mods - '08 Hypermotard 1100S
muskrat

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 06:34:12 PM »

Not,reading this  Lips Sealed

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: