Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:14:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a reason why the old DML looks like it used to?  (Read 4652 times)
Moronic

07 S4Rs

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 05:36:59 AM »

I was just over there looking for some old email addresses and it seems they've decided to make me a "Premium" member.  It seems to have turned off the ads that were springing up all over the place.  (Sorry VS...too little , too late for this guy)    :Smiley

And maybe too short.

I'm sure I remember seeing over there that all registered members now get ***FREE*** premium membership ... for a time. Think it was a month, could have been more.

After that, presumably, it's a matter of paying a premium ... or else you're back on the outer.

hbliam
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 06:29:06 PM »

i never understood the disbelief that there were that many users registered at TOB.

the stats page shows we had an average of 16 registrations a day.

I think the disbelief was in who was registering the 16 per day. The 16 per day that never logged in or posted ever again.
Kaveh

Dirka Dirka

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 07:23:13 PM »

i never understood the disbelief that there were that many users registered at TOB.

check out the bottom of this screen from august '07:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070812020221/http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php

845267 Posts in 73825 Topics by 17954 Members.

the stats page shows we had an average of 16 registrations a day.

I think the disbelief was in who was registering the 16 per day. The 16 per day that never logged in or posted ever again.

bots...

No biggie, I'm sure the traffic is measured in unique IP hits and such.  Any smart business would see through fake members.

55Spy

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 01:37:26 AM »

it still looks like poop.  and this is such a better place anyways.  I only go back every now and then to laugh for a while at the tardedness of it
krista
... does she have a

ducati addict

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 04:25:50 PM »

i never understood the disbelief that there were that many users registered at TOB. ... the stats page shows we had an average of 16 registrations a day.

Yes, there were only about 3000 members with more than a couple of posts. I forget the exact breakdown -- but looking at the stats, there was a definite "knee" in the data layout. Lots and lots of people with one post and then sharply diminished past 10 or so.

I always thought it a tad slimy when the stats only substantiated a quotable number between 3 and 5k.

Smiley
Chris

Krista Kelley ... autist formerly known as chris
official nerd for ca-cycleworks.com
SacDuc

WWSDD?

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 04:32:44 PM »

Yes, there were only about 3000 members with more than a couple of posts. I forget the exact breakdown -- but looking at the stats, there was a definite "knee" in the data layout. Lots and lots of people with one post and then sharply diminished past 10 or so.

I always thought it a tad slimy when the stats only substantiated a quotable number between 3 and 5k.

Smiley
Chris

Says the guy with only 15 posts.  Roll Eyes

sac

cheeky

HATERS GONNA HATE.
mstevens
Monsterless

No Monster of my own, but my wife has an '09 696

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 06:05:12 PM »

TOB has never really changed in appearance for me. That may be because I use Firefox with Adblock Plus.

2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring (Rosso Anniversary Ducati)
2009 Ducati Monster 696 (Giallo Ducati) - Sold
2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Rosso Anniversary Ducati) - Sold
2005 Vespa LX-150 (Rosso Dragone) - First Bike Ever

Casa Suzana, vacation rental house in Cozumel, Mexico
erkishhorde

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2008, 09:16:41 AM »

I just popped in for a look and it does look a little bit better than it was. As to the Premium Membership, they gave everyone that was there before the change Premium Membership so you can turn off adds but you'll lose the Premium Membership after a month. And for all the Titanium Members you get Premium Membership for a year. So much for that lifetime titanium.  Roll Eyes

ErkZ NOT in SLO w/ his '95 m900!
The end is in sight! Gotta buckle down and get to work!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: