Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 07, 2024, 10:20:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gas Leak?  (Read 872 times)
Roy

M696

« on: July 15, 2008, 02:55:01 PM »

So I just picked up my M696 last Monday and I've been riding around the neighborhood (newb) and yesterday I went out for a ride and the gas light came on.  I've only put 25 miles on the clock...I'm trying to give my dealer the benefit of the doubt and assume that they just forgot to fill it up before they dropped it off...   Anyway I go out to the store today to get a gas can and then filler up.  When I got home and started putting gas in it, I noticed a small amount of condensation underneath my bike.  I leaned over to smell it and sure enough it's gas...should I be concerned enough to take it back into the dealer/can I still ride it?  It's not a lot of gas but definatley has been dripping slowly from somewhere...

Thanks for the help,

Roy
Roy

M696

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 03:12:53 PM »

Well I just went back out to inspect the leaking again...definatley condensation leaking from what appears to be a rubber hose.  It looks like it is supposed to allow some sort of seapage...what I first thought was gas (probably becasue I had gas all over my hands  Roll Eyes) is really just some sort of water or other fluid...does anyone know what this could be?  I will post pics as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Roy
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 03:16:59 PM by Roy » Logged
Hedgehog

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »

There is an overflow drain hose from the filler cap to the bottom of your bike.  It's possible that they hosed the bike down to wash it, and this is just the leftovers from that.  If it continues, then it's an issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: