Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:04:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good weather is around the corner  (Read 10876 times)
Mhanis

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 07:08:23 AM »

I don't have anything on my calendar for either of those weekends, so......................yes?

Mark

Shit.......I'll have to get a new rear tire. This is all your fault Lisa!

I ride a GS scooter with my hair cut neat.

Pete Townshend

2009 M1100 68,000+ miles- and climbing
2015 Suzuki TU250X 13,000+ miles
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 07:01:32 PM »

I don't have anything on my calendar for either of those weekends, so......................yes?

Mark

Shit.......I'll have to get a new rear tire. This is all your fault Lisa!

Well then.  My work here is done   Evil

Let's ride.
LYD

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2015, 10:09:47 AM »

calcrazy is emailing me the route, will post it up.  It is hard for me right now, we are trying to sell the house and really downsize!   even getting rid of 2 bikes,  748 and the multi, soon! but i will keep an eye for the weekend that the ride is and try.  but for now, count me out until we get rid of the house.  showings, open houses, keeping everything perfect is alot of work, so time for myself is slim to none right now. Sorry

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
Mhanis

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 02:52:23 AM »

It sounds like there are big changes for you LYD, I hope all is well! When you hear from Chris and we have a plan I hope you can make it!

Mark

..............And where the eff is Dax?

Pete Townshend

LYD

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2015, 09:40:41 AM »

All is ok, other than having to put one of dogs down on monday, his hips finally gave out and couldnt get up anymore.  sorry to say it was time.  Cry  sad times right now at the house, especially for my wife. (it was her dog).  other than that all is good, just trying to downsize a bit.  but here is an email from chris about hico.

Alan,
      Here is the Hico directions. Obviously you can adjust them however you want. Tell Lisa, Mhannis and all “Hello!” I know I am no longer on a Duc but the same can be said for Rossi and people still love him.

A good meeting place is the Race Trac off Broad Street and 360 in Mansfield. There is a Starbucks across the street and the high  school right down the street if you need a bigger parking lot.

Take Broad west to 287.

287 south to 157 south (first exit after heritage)

157 South thru Venus (watch out for PD in Venus) to 916 in Maypearl.

916 West thru Grandview ( pay attention to signs as you will have to go left at cemetery) to 171 South.

171 South thru Covington to 934 West (about 10 miles total and there is gas stop in Covington).

934 West to 309 South (309 is on left after the second hill) (be careful for farm traffic on 309 and slow down thru Wimberly)

309 South to 22 West (pretty boring and flat but you can spice it up if you go down to Aquilla Lake)

Get gas somewhere on 22!!! Or you better stop in Clifton…..trust me!

On the West side of Lake Whitney you will look for 219 West/South.

Turn Left onto 219 and set the cruise at 100mph plus.

STAY ON 219!!!! Thru Clifton, Cranfills Gap and Fairy all the way until you hit 281.

Shoot 281 north into town.

Places to meet

In Venus there is an Exxon on 157 and 67.

In Maypearl there is a stop sign at the turn.

In Grandview meet at the gas station after the freeway.

Meet at stop sign on 916 and 171.

Meet at turnoff for 309.

Meet at stop sign for where 309 and 22 meet.

Meet at stop sign where 219 and 281 meet.

Give me a shout if you have any questions. If they decide to go on it make sure someone has my number just in case.

Later,

Chris

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
Mhanis

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 10:10:31 AM »

Sorry about your wife's dog, that is always tough! We'll be facing that in the next year or so I fear.

Thanks for posting up the route!

Mark

Pete Townshend

LYD

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2015, 07:20:34 AM »

Thanks! I hope no one has to go through that, but it is inevitable we all will.  No problem on the route!   

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 04:05:20 PM »

Hey there LYD.  Glad to hear from you.  Sorry about the sad news, though.  (Tell Mindy I'm thinking about her; we had to put our two-year old Rotti down many years ago when we were in the Philippines and I was wiped out for weeks.  Totally can sympathize  Cry  )

The Hico route looks interesting.  Probably a solid GPS kind of day but I remember the scenery on the only time I went on that ride - very nice.  Come to think of it, I think that was the first I met Mark?

Oh well.  Hico anyone?

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 04:07:19 PM by Cher » Logged
Mhanis

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2015, 06:35:35 AM »

I went on the Hico trip twice. The first time I didn't know a soul! I wound up riding with Dax and Stan. Stan had that bad ass super bike. The second one was a few months later and I brought Mario with me on that one.

It sure would have been one of those that we met at for the first time Lisa.

I am available any Saturday or Sunday except the 7th. Since it is not hotter than hell I don't mind meeting mid-morning as opposed to early morning.

I have tried rousting Dax but have been unsuccessful. Maybe he is on a trip somewhere.....?

Chris is out on his own route, he has his bike torn apart for the winter to put cams in it.

Let's circle a date..........

Mark

Pete Townshend

Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2015, 12:20:27 PM »

I went on the Hico trip twice. The first time I didn't know a soul! I wound up riding with Dax and Stan. Stan had that bad ass super bike. The second one was a few months later and I brought Mario with me on that one.

It sure would have been one of those that we met at for the first time Lisa.

I am available any Saturday or Sunday except the 7th. Since it is not hotter than hell I don't mind meeting mid-morning as opposed to early morning.

I have tried rousting Dax but have been unsuccessful. Maybe he is on a trip somewhere.....?

Chris is out on his own route, he has his bike torn apart for the winter to put cams in it.

Let's circle a date..........

Mark

I remember you riding with Stan so that was the trip.

At any rate, I think I have a day this week where I can drive the route using my GPS and see how long the whole thing will take.  Maybe get a feel for the road conditions, etc.

Will keep all o' y'all posted  Dolph
Mhanis

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2015, 12:56:14 PM »

Awesome!

You're the man Cher!!!.......................eeerrr....................

Grin

I finally raised Dax by the way. He should be along here shortly will his normal amount of griping and crying.

Mark

Pete Townshend

Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2015, 02:26:35 PM »

……

I finally raised Dax by the way. He should be along here shortly will his normal amount of griping and crying.

Mark

Can

Not

Wait

Evil

motolocopat

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2015, 10:49:00 AM »

Hello guys n gals I haven't been on here much in a while .. life and such. But recently got back to riding the monster some, it is as fun as ever, and got back on the site checking out Duc happenings. ANYHOW I live out in Glen Rose, heart of the North Texas Hill Country so and know my way around it reasonably well so if you guys want to come down through here I'll go for a ride .. currently being a single Dad and not able to do my regular travel around the globe installing power plants so LOTS of free time.. equals some of this Undecided and some of this Grin.  Could be a group ride or if someone just says heck I'm going riding and wants to come out and experience some of the best roads in the DFW area for a day

I live a halve block off of HWY 67 coming from Dallas where it crosses the Paluxy River. Address is on FM205 which is one of the best of many roads in the area and my place is on the lovely little Paluxy river, a nice spot to meet up.
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2015, 01:15:59 PM »

Hello guys n gals I haven't been on here much in a while .. life and such. But recently got back to riding the monster some, it is as fun as ever, and got back on the site checking out Duc happenings. ANYHOW I live out in Glen Rose, heart of the North Texas Hill Country so and know my way around it reasonably well so if you guys want to come down through here I'll go for a ride .. currently being a single Dad and not able to do my regular travel around the globe installing power plants so LOTS of free time.. equals some of this Undecided and some of this Grin.  Could be a group ride or if someone just says heck I'm going riding and wants to come out and experience some of the best roads in the DFW area for a day

I live a halve block off of HWY 67 coming from Dallas where it crosses the Paluxy River. Address is on FM205 which is one of the best of many roads in the area and my place is on the lovely little Paluxy river, a nice spot to meet up.

Howdy and welcome back!

Seems like we as a group have had a lot of this  Undecided  and that  Grin  going around this year  Roll Eyes  

Not many group rides lately, which is a real departure from the last few years.  However I think there are still enough of us riding where a cruise down your way would definitely be feasible and a nice change from our usual ride routes.  

The ride "group" may not be as big as it used to be but I imagine on a well planned ride, given enough lead time for scheduling, we could probably muster five or six.

Watch this space  chug
muskrat

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2015, 06:53:06 AM »

the dead is risen.  been traveling too much lately.  I could do the 7th if Jordan finishes my bike by then, otherwise I'm available for the 15th of November.  If not it will be December......

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: