Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:44:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Wife Wants To Ride (pillion)  (Read 8951 times)
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2016, 12:30:51 PM »

Rider to pillion communication is a great idea, but has to be managed. My wife loves riding pillion, but falls asleep after 30 mins without it. We can now take longer trips in safety. It also helps with the rider being able to alert the pillion to hang on, etc or the pillion able to ask for a pee stop, coffee break, etc. It's good to check on how they are going, if they are comfortable and give feedback on their movement on the bike.
Plus you two can just catch up on the journey. However, all the rules on concentrating on your riding apply.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
NAKID

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 11:14:58 AM »

Rider to pillion communication is a great idea, but has to be managed. My wife loves riding pillion, but falls asleep after 30 mins without it. We can now take longer trips in safety. It also helps with the rider being able to alert the pillion to hang on, etc or the pillion able to ask for a pee stop, coffee break, etc. It's good to check on how they are going, if they are comfortable and give feedback on their movement on the bike.
Plus you two can just catch up on the journey. However, all the rules on concentrating on your riding apply.

Right. It's been especially convenient lately because I can ask her if she's comfortable, if she can handle a bit more speed, etc.

We hit some exceptionally bad traffic this weekend and she came on to tell me that she thought she was ready to split lanes, as long as I took it slow.

When we got through it, again asked her how it was and she said she didn't like it, but it was better than sitting in traffic heating up.

careful with those around here.  some cities are more enthusiastic about citing for those than others.  If you can see the ocean from your bike, is especially true.

What's the issue? I haven't heard any issues with them? Actually, the day after I put them on I got popped for speeding and the moto cop didn't even mention the lights.

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
Privateer

God created Ducati to train the faithful.

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 07:35:33 PM »

What's the issue? I haven't heard any issues with them? Actually, the day after I put them on I got popped for speeding and the moto cop didn't even mention the lights.

I think it's DOT NHTSA FMVSS section 108(?), off the top of my head.  indicators have to be X (9?) inches apart from the center line of the bike.

I know a lot of guys who've gotten fixit tickets for integrated lights, usually in beach cities.  but it's inconsistent, as you've found. 

My fast lap is your sighting lap.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: