Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 06:59:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else in the Middleburg / Winchester area?  (Read 4070 times)
gnarshread

« on: November 09, 2015, 01:20:47 PM »

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum. I work in Middleburg but live in Winchester and wondering of anyone is close by? Maybe meet up at cars and coffee or go for a ride?
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 05:24:35 AM »

Arlington here - but there's folks all over. I think fragile_this_side_up is out that way.  I'm sure there's some others.

Also in Winchester you're sitting on top of Ducati Winchester aka DucPond.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
gnarshread

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 08:18:26 AM »

Yea! Duc Pond is great. They do a good job. A friend owns Ride On Moto so I tend to go there first. Donnie has been good to me in the past and I'm probably going to send my bike there for suspension setup as the previous owner was considerably heavier.
Curmudgeon

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 09:56:50 AM »

Donnie has been good to me in the past and I'm probably going to send my bike there for suspension setup as the previous owner was considerably heavier.
He can certainly do that as besides being a Master Tech, he's also an Ohlins tech. The bikes come out of the crate with the rear set for two-up anyway...  Roll Eyes

After that, ride it a bit and if you still feel the Sachs in the rear is a bit "numb", there's a "cheap" Ohlins ~ $625 which is much better and can be ordered for your weight and riding style. Had mine fitted from new on a 796 which is the same chassis. It's no $1,800 3-way Ohlins, (not as plush) but an improvement IMO. After setting up the sag, Donnie only had to back off the combined compression/rebound damping one click.

Donnie rode it again about a month ago after changing my fork oil so you can ask him what he thinks.  Wink

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
fragile_this_side_up

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 12:07:16 PM »

Ducpond is fantastic for me. I'm not riding near as much as i used to. Sad But I do live in Strasburg! Smiley

gnarshread

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 07:16:28 AM »

He can certainly do that as besides being a Master Tech, he's also an Ohlins tech. The bikes come out of the crate with the rear set for two-up anyway...  Roll Eyes

After that, ride it a bit and if you still feel the Sachs in the rear is a bit "numb", there's a "cheap" Ohlins ~ $625 which is much better and can be ordered for your weight and riding style. Had mine fitted from new on a 796 which is the same chassis. It's no $1,800 3-way Ohlins, (not as plush) but an improvement IMO. After setting up the sag, Donnie only had to back off the combined compression/rebound damping one click.

Donnie rode it again about a month ago after changing my fork oil so you can ask him what he thinks.  Wink

Right on man! I had feeling the suspension just wasn't what it should be and this just proves that. I went in to Duc Pond last week and asked about getting the bike set up and the price they gave me was pretty good if I remember. Something needs to be done because my old Kawasaki Versys handled better than the monster at corner exit. lol.
gnarshread

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 07:20:06 AM »

Ducpond is fantastic for me. I'm not riding near as much as i used to. Sad But I do live in Strasburg! Smiley

Dude! there is some great riding in the Strasburg area. 678 all the way down to Luray and then on to 211! Thats a killer ride!
twolanefun

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 07:25:22 PM »

I moved out to Chantilly, Pleasant Valley. If the weather is good and I'm in town I like to take one of the Ducs out for a spin on Sunday mornings, stopping at Common Grounds, bunch of guys usually show with classics, they tolerate me with newer stuff, although the Paso is getting close to the 25 year mark. After a visit there we usually ride down to The Plains and after awhile I usually take off for a ride sometimes up Zula, St. Louis Rd to Purceville then over to Hamilton, and take Harmony Church Rd and Evergreen Mill back to 50. But I've also been known to make a run South or West for 200-300 miles, although this time of year it's usually the shorter route. The M900 and the ST3 both need a run so I might be out this coming Sunday. And I also go to Bikes and Breakfast in Clifton on 2nd Sunday of the Month. - Gene

"I know a few roads"
92' PASO 907ie
02' M900 54K+ Miles
04' ST3 58k+miles - Sold
01' Victory Sportcruiser 30K miles, 04' Victory Kingpin - 111K+ miles
09' XR1200 - 15K+ miles
13' Diavel - 13K+ Miles Pay attention and things will be okay
EX-MSF Instructor, EX-President MAD
AMA Charter Life Member, Patriot Guard Rider
Victory Motorcycle Club, Charter Member
Patriot Guard Rider
fragile_this_side_up

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 09:27:04 AM »

Dude! there is some great riding in the Strasburg area. 678 all the way down to Luray and then on to 211! Thats a killer ride!

Heck yeah! i take that all the time. Well, i used to. Now it's fun for me to take 522 South out of Front Royal to Hume road and head into work that way.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: