Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 04:17:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday looks nice  (Read 3243 times)
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 01:12:17 PM »

Great ride, only got lost "a little bit"

A couple of observations:
1. Ducati rules - nothing new  Evil
2. Great pace and great roads
3. Don't wait, if you want to upgrade do it NOW
4. Lisa's bike looks incredible
5. When following SQUIDS try not to laugh and blow your lines.  My guess is they just got done watching a GP race and tried to act like Marquez
6. The multi fools you time and time again.  Anything above 6k in sport and wide open throttle will lift your front wheel; third even.

Hehehehehe!  Ducatis rock, you're right  Evil  

Of course it is the IMS weekend.  Any bets on the percentage of freshly minted sportbike riders in that group?  I'm guessing 90%.

Great ride though for sure.  That is one of my favorite ride routes.  Go 'Scrat  waytogo  And those Multis give up nothing to the SBK  Shocked

We did, however, leave Bryan Ruggeri.  (Thought he would be with Mhanis…?)

Weather might just be good enough to do more rides like this soon.  Jus' sayin'  Dolph

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:12:01 PM by Cher » Logged
muskrat

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 02:01:02 PM »

I'm still tinkering but it stays in SPORT and no wheelie control  Dolph

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Mhanis

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 03:58:36 PM »

Chain is lubed, now I an just drinking beer!  drink

Lisa, you are getting as bad a Dax, I said Bryan WOULDN'T be joining us today.

Today was great fun; Lisa, I absolutely have bike envy over your bike!! I just know that there is no way I could ride it more than a couple of hours.

After we split in Tom Bean I went through Trenton, Leonard, Randolph, lunch in Bonham, then through the communities of Cotton Center and Bug Tussle, Ladonia, Wolfe City, back into Leonard, Blue Ridge, Princeton, Culleoka then into Allen the back way. A quick stop at the beer store and here I am!!

Dax, you asked if there are "twisties" up there; I describe them as "sweepers". 1550 in Fannin County makes the entire trip worth it. It is south of the Bonham State Park between the communities of Cotton Center and Bug Tussle. You can go as fast as you want through the bends up there. It is wide open and little to no traffic. You can see forever.

While coming into Princeton I was headed directly into the sun a good chunk of the way, that was no fun.

When I got to 3286 and 1378 in Lucas I came upon a dude on a new generation Monster.

All in all it was a great day! It was good to see everyone.

Mark

I ride a GS scooter with my hair cut neat.

Pete Townshend

2009 M1100 68,000+ miles- and climbing
2015 Suzuki TU250X 13,000+ miles
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 05:18:52 PM »

Chain is lubed, now I an just drinking beer!  drink

Lisa, you are getting as bad a Dax, I said Bryan WOULDN'T be joining us today.

Today was great fun; Lisa, I absolutely have bike envy over your bike!! I just know that there is no way I could ride it more than a couple of hours.

After we split in Tom Bean I went through Trenton, Leonard, Randolph, lunch in Bonham, then through the communities of Cotton Center and Bug Tussle, Ladonia, Wolfe City, back into Leonard, Blue Ridge, Princeton, Culleoka then into Allen the back way. A quick stop at the beer store and here I am!!

Dax, you asked if there are "twisties" up there; I describe them as "sweepers". 1550 in Fannin County makes the entire trip worth it. It is south of the Bonham State Park between the communities of Cotton Center and Bug Tussle. You can go as fast as you want through the bends up there. It is wide open and little to no traffic. You can see forever.

While coming into Princeton I was headed directly into the sun a good chunk of the way, that was no fun.

When I got to 3286 and 1378 in Lucas I came upon a dude on a new generation Monster.

All in all it was a great day! It was good to see everyone.

Mark

Well!  I'd say you're the next Ride Leader  waytogo

We're looking at your route on google and it looks like you could string together all of what we did today but incorporate your bit as well.

Now how's that for a ride extravaganza, Mark?   Evil  Can I get an Amen!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:22:09 PM by Cher » Logged
muskrat

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 06:17:06 PM »

AMEN!  Lets do it.

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: