Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 17, 2024, 06:23:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best shop for my Duc around Annapolis, MD  (Read 3752 times)
KIKH400

« on: June 10, 2016, 05:44:35 AM »

I may be bringing my 2002 M750 in to a shop for the first time since I bought her 4 years ago.  She's not charging.  She died the other night.  I charged the battery, and regardless of throttle I get 12 volts.  I'm going to unplug the rectifier, and check again.  If that doesn't change things, I guess she needs a stator.

I may try to do this myself, or may just bring it in and have it done.  When I bought the bike, I had her checked out and had a lot of work done by Speed's.  They were fine, but apparently aren't around, or aren't a Ducati place.  Pete's has picked up Ducati.  Anybody have any experience with Pete's?  Battleys?  Any other suggestions?  DucPond/Winchester is 2+ hours from me, and if they're that good and no one around Annapolis/Baltimore/DC (1 hour) is as good, I may put her in my truck and make the ride.

I also seem to remember reading here that there are one or two Ducati techs that have their own places or something along those lines, and that they're supposed to be good.  Any suggestion here?

Thanks in advance

KIKH400

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 07:36:04 AM »

Speeds still services Ducatis. My bad. I'll probably just bring it there
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 11:59:12 AM »

Much more likely to be a bad R/R than a bad stator. If you start a thread in tech people will walk you through the process of getting it back to charging your self.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

DRKWNG

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 12:58:26 PM »

Never heard much of anything good about Speeds when I lived in the area.  There's a dude named Mike that was something akin to a Desmowhisperer that occasionally did work out of his house/garage.  Not sure if he's still at it or not.  Someone who's still local should probably chime in before long...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Lars D

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 04:09:33 PM »

Mrp motorsports in Pasadena can fix it. Ask for Ray.
tocino

96 900 SS/CR, 75 Guzzi 850-T, 74 MkIIa Commando

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 06:22:48 AM »

I just had my 800ss track bike worked on by Raffael at http://www.fastertwin.com/ in Springfield, VA - right off the beltway.

Very good experience, and he only does Ducati - worked at the factory before moving here to the US.

Fast turnaround and he even showed up after hours so I could pick up the bike. None of this "bring your bike in 2 months from now so we can keep it for 3" BS.

"Purchase this fine motorbike and you will find yourself swimming in a ocean of pre-feminist, lose-moraled women in see-through clothing without any buttons." - PipeBurn
TitanMonsterS4R

Yup, it's supposed to sound like that....

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 05:27:13 PM »

I just had my 800ss track bike worked on by Raffael at http://www.fastertwin.com/ in Springfield, VA - right off the beltway.

Very good experience, and he only does Ducati - worked at the factory before moving here to the US.

Fast turnaround and he even showed up after hours so I could pick up the bike. None of this "bring your bike in 2 months from now so we can keep it for 3" BS.

+1 - He did a bang up job for me before I took my Monster to Australia and he was working out of his garage before that shiny new shop!

06 Monster S4R - Red/Black Final Edition
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: