Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 11:02:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducatiloo Riding Rustic Roads  (Read 1642 times)
Ducatiloo

« on: July 20, 2008, 07:04:05 PM »

Rustic Road 84

Ok the lesson I learned today is Google the road and see if it is open.  I covered 75% of the road then ran into water deep enough that I couldn't get my bike though.  I was not able to drink out of the artesian drinking fountain because I could not swim with my bike gear on Undecided  Don't take this as a complaint.  It was a good ride.  The journey is what we do it for right? waytogo  The road itself is was a basic country road.  Faded asphalt, with NO tar strips.  I think there was one curve on it.  Though there appeared to be a 90 degree curve right beyond the water covered road.  If you are coming in on the East side off of N, be warned there is no sign when going south bound.  I saw a Brown sign in my mirror and turned around.   Also should the rustic road signs be numbered?  On Google maps it looks like you can take Bark River Road right out of Fort Atkinson.  You can not, it is used by the city,and open for 2 days a week to dump your compost Roll Eyes
The best roads, on my trip, were the ones between Lake Mills and Jefferson.  Lots of sweeping curves.  Oh yea FYI  Highway 18 is closed in Jefferson, which was part of the reson I took the extra back roads.  They come out right behind the Jefferson County Fair Grounds.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 07:57:07 PM by Ducatiloo » Logged

750 SS 01    800 S2R 05  Aprilia RST 1000 futura
vwboomer

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 02:28:56 PM »

I had downloaded a Cannon track from adv rider for that general area. Started outside of Oconomowoc. I did notice a rustic road sign but couldnt find one with a number. The road was poorly marked but nice. Took it pretty easy since I expected every next turn to be a gravel road.

The only rustic road that I know of right around here (sheboygan) is very rough. Starts out nice, but then it's missing asphalt filled in by gravel

I was surprised when in that area how much water there is still standing, and storm damage as well.

2005 S4R - Sato, PM, CC, Sargeant
2005 GasGas FSE450
2004 Honda VFR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: