Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 03, 2024, 08:19:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Psuedo Stalling Issues on an S2R1K  (Read 950 times)
beestiboy

« on: July 21, 2008, 12:07:58 PM »

Before you all get pissy i did a search, go ahead search stalling issues way to many threads to filter.

anyway, recently my bike has started to randomly stall.  Usually its on initial start up for the day, she fires up runs for 10 seceonds and off.  Hit the starter...off again.  If i start it and give a little throttle just to pick up the idle she will run but eventually sometimes 2-3 minutes later, stall.  Never does it when im moving or anything dangerous (yet)! 

Im thinking either fuel filter (but that is usually at high rpms that it becomes fuel starved) or TB adjust.  Any sage advice?  I did the 6k tune up myself recently(it was doing this prior to service), changed the plugs, the valves were all over the place but all within spec, I didnt change the fuel or air filter. I doubt its bad gas because i have done through several tanks from different stations.
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 12:37:26 PM »

If the throttle synch doesn't fix it check out the Throttle Position Sensor, which should be warranty on your '06.
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 01:38:05 PM »

what rpm is it idling at when warm?

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
beestiboy

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 04:58:56 PM »

well unfortunately i purchased the bike in July '06 so i am pushing the warranty issue but whatever.  The idle is between 1050 and 1150 when warm.  I have had times where even at normal temp i pull up to a stop light and the bike is running at like 2300 and have to rap the throttle to get it to settle back down.  So you guys are thinking Throttle bodies sync or sensors huh?

I wont have time to get it to the shop i want to take it to for another month(out of warranty) and i wont deal with the local option for service.  I need to think this one thru a little more

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: