Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 31, 2024, 07:24:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beer tray - is it ok for you guys that I keep it? + nice mods to it  (Read 12829 times)
GLantern

08 Red 1098, 07 DRZ400S

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 06:39:31 AM »

I like my tray too since nobody keeps theirs its unique  Tongue

"Just ride and never ever look back"

www.suspectsunlimited.com
D8

03 M800

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 09:00:13 AM »

I still have my tray although i'm planning to shorten it...one of these days.
LA

The Sleek Black Beauty

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 11:05:20 AM »

No way I'm taking a hack saw to my frame.

But what do I know? I still have the reflectors on the forks too.

LA

"I'm leaving this one totally stock" - Full Termi kit, Ohlins damper, Pazzo levers, lane splitters, 520 quick change 14/43 gears, DP gold press plate w/open cover, Ductile iron rotors w/cp211 pads.

R90S (hot rod), 80-900SS, Norton 850 MkIII, S4RS
flsurfdog

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 11:08:41 AM »

It's funny, I have come within inches of my frame w/the saw about 3-4 times now, and for some reason, I just keep backing out... r:e)

I guess it's the whole "don't know if I'll like the looks of the cans protruding way past that tail" thing I'm most hung up about...I saw a pic of a bike w/the same sorta cans I have w/a tailchop, and wasn't very fond of the look.....

Who knows though...maybe I'll end up doing one, maybe I won't....In the meantime It's painted red.... Wink

I actually like that  wt:  I was thinking that painting it is a really good idea when i read the OP, and low and behold you done it.  I think it could look even better if you painted the black parts of the turn signals red too....that bit of black right in the middle there looks unfinished to me.

Still like my chop better though.....well as soon as i finish....damn dremel bit broke off when i was trying to do a bit of grinding to mount the turn signals  :bang

06 s2r1000, Apex Clip-ons, Lowered headlight and gauges, HID high/low, Wasen Design front signals, reflectors removed, Mag Performance clutch cover, Rizoma star pressure plate, open airbox, Spark midpipe, Leo Ti slip-on, tail chop and frame plug blinkers
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 04:59:39 AM »

Your bike, your tail.  Do what makes you happy.  I like the look of a well chopped tail.  Weight loss is another benefit.  Yet I still have all but the reflectors.  Why you ask?  I don't like swamp butt Sad
BretMorris

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 03:58:41 PM »

I decided on retaining the beer tray ....  went with the red and white strip...

darylbowden
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 04:02:19 PM »

Wow, that looks fantastic.  While I've always been a fan of the full chop (and cans too), this looks mean as make the beast with two backs!  Did you do the work yourself?
mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 04:10:25 PM »

Wow, that looks fantastic.  While I've always been a fan of the full chop (and cans too), this looks mean as make the beast with two backs!  Did you do the work yourself?

+1

I have kept my tray.  It serves a purpose (keeps your back clean), and I still like the lines it has when on the bike.

mitt

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 04:14:37 PM »

That's more or less what I was thinking. Very nice.

Would you mind telling us more on how it was done? Especially which color, how you were able to make the stripes, how to get over the edges a s o

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
BretMorris

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 04:24:57 PM »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the compliments.  I bought the tray complete from a member of the other site about 3 weeks ago. I am getting a front fender done as well.  It was actually painted by a guy in the US.  I am sure that a local painter could do one up off a standard tray.  Here is another photo, stripe not 100% straight but that is due to the seat cowling not being on properly.

Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 07:58:59 PM »

Here is another version of the no-chop CF tail that I did on Dr Desmo's S4R last year.

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
mstevens
Monsterless

No Monster of my own, but my wife has an '09 696

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2008, 10:12:25 PM »

I prefer mine with the tray but without the gawdawful Christmas tree of a license holder/reflector hanging down. Getting rid of that and mounting the plate up under the tray cleans up the rear without a hacksaw.

2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring (Rosso Anniversary Ducati)
2009 Ducati Monster 696 (Giallo Ducati) - Sold
2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Rosso Anniversary Ducati) - Sold
2005 Vespa LX-150 (Rosso Dragone) - First Bike Ever

Casa Suzana, vacation rental house in Cozumel, Mexico
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: