Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 02, 2024, 06:15:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newly discovered bubbles and cracks in the tank (w/ pictures)  (Read 1324 times)
DrNo08

« on: July 21, 2008, 08:10:17 PM »

I thought it might be a scratch until I looked closely and there are two cracks.  One came from a bubble and the other a long crack along the side of the tank latch.  WTF?  Not sure if I should call the dealer to see if this is covered under the warranty since it looks as though it was caused by the pressure put on that area of the tank by the latch or if I should put something like epoxy hardner on there to try and seal it before it runs and starts chipping. 

You can click on the picture for a bigger version.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 08:22:06 PM by DrNo08 » Logged
DrNo08

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 08:13:41 PM »

Here's another shot and you can see the longer crack in this one.  This bike is a 2007 model.  It's a year old!!  Huh?

booger

all your cookie are belong to me

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 09:08:57 PM »

call the dealer. paint defect. some people with dark tanks have observed a cellulite-like surface on the knee indents of their tanks, and there have been replacements provided under warranty. never know until you try.

Everybody got a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

2001 M900Sie - sold
2006 S2R1000 - sold
2008 HM1100S - sold
2004 998 FE - $old
2007 S4RT
2007 Vespa LX50 aka "Slowey"
2008 BMW R1200 GSA
monster monkey
After I Eat, I Am A

That Really Is Me, I Promise!

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 09:53:19 PM »

I had the same thing in practically the same spot. Don't do anything to it except go to the dealer so they can order you a nifty new tank!!

minus is it takes a couple weeks, but i had an annoying scratch that is now just a distant memory.....

Everytime I'm on two wheels, the streets part, heavens open, and hearts pound

The heart pounding is true, at least...
DrNo08

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 01:57:38 PM »

Ok, trying to get with the dealer today.  In a perfect world they'd mail me the new tank and I mail them the flawed one and I don't have to lose riding for however long it's gonna take.  One problem is I'm 3 hours away from my nearest dealer.  Surely they won't make me bring them my bike.  Hopefully I can mail it to them.
jdubbs32584
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 02:10:30 PM »

Ok, trying to get with the dealer today.  In a perfect world they'd mail me the new tank and I mail them the flawed one and I don't have to lose riding for however long it's gonna take.  One problem is I'm 3 hours away from my nearest dealer.  Surely they won't make me bring them my bike.  Hopefully I can mail it to them.

In order to confirm the problem, they will most likely want you to bring it in.

Take a saturday, bring it to them, get a loaner or have a friend with you, and then sit and wait while Italy gets their shit together.
wllgmr

MOTARDED, s4

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 02:16:16 PM »

Thats a good excuse to get 3 hours of seat time!

Everything Louder Than Everything Else
DrNo08

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 05:41:38 PM »

Here's some new pics I took today.  I noticed that the sides have that lumpiness to them as well so I took a picture of that too.  You can click the pic for a bigger version.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 05:45:02 PM by DrNo08 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: