Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 06:08:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ignition Control Units - 97 M900  (Read 2243 times)
greenohawk69

« on: October 19, 2017, 02:52:11 PM »

Does anyone have a set of Ignition Control Units (Kokusan "boxes") that I could borrow - as I'm having trouble getting my bark to start (engine turns, but no spark - have followed manual and suggestions on Tech forum).

Preferably someone near 75 and Knox - Henderson in Dallas. Thanks!

"An enlightened people, and an energetic public opinion... will control and enchain the aristocratic spirit of the government." --Thomas Jefferson to Chevalier de Ouis, 1814

There are 4 boxes to be used in the defense of liberty:  Soap, Ballot, Jury and Ammo.  Please use in this order.  -- Ed Howdershelt
greenohawk69

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 08:09:35 AM »

Does anyone have a set of Ignition Control Units (Kokusan "boxes") that I could borrow - as I'm having trouble getting my bark to start (engine turns, but no spark - have followed manual and suggestions on Tech forum).

Preferably someone near 75 and Knox - Henderson in Dallas. Thanks!

Found I had the Ignitech control module and am using that. Bike starts and runs.

Advance map for degrees and RPMs is a work-in-progress. Most likely need new jet kit as they're the same as when I bought the bike in '07.

"An enlightened people, and an energetic public opinion... will control and enchain the aristocratic spirit of the government." --Thomas Jefferson to Chevalier de Ouis, 1814

There are 4 boxes to be used in the defense of liberty:  Soap, Ballot, Jury and Ammo.  Please use in this order.  -- Ed Howdershelt
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 08:53:41 AM »

I made a complete wire loom for my Ignitech setup.  The one you are using plugs into the old wiring.  The difference is noticeable, and it also dumps about 8oz of wires and old connectors. 

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: