Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 28, 2024, 03:19:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clock Issue  (Read 3069 times)
Broody

2009 M1100

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 04:52:10 AM »

I had a similar electrical issue with my 09 Monster 1100 last year.
It would randomly cycle through the settings by its self: odometer - trip - clock (resetting the trip and the clock each time), but only when on the road - never in the driveway. I took the switch apart a couple times and cleaned it, but never saw anything "wrong" - I figured something was just bad inside the switch. It ended up that the small bolt heads on the inside of the switch would occasionally touch / ground on the handlebars. I put a couple wraps of electrical tape around the handle bars under the switch housing and it works fine now. Worth a try.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 04:56:50 AM by Broody » Logged
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 02:26:19 PM »

That's a good practice if you ever open the switch block halves. waytogo

2015 Scrambler 800
Drawbridge

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2018, 03:49:31 PM »

Thanks, Broody!  That's good information to have.  It seems to clear up after every service, assume they are performing some sort of download, but eventually the problem returns.  I'll hopefully find out more on the 24th when I have it in for warranty work.  If they can't identify and resolve the issue, I will.  Smiley
Drawbridge

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2018, 09:43:44 AM »

I set the clock on the Duc and didn't ride it for ~4 days prior to my service appointment.  The morning of my appointment I climbed aboard and noticed the clock time was spot on.  I took it in for service and it has worked fine since.  The dealership confirmed the latest software was loaded and created a paperwork trail with Ducati representative for documentation purposes.  And they sent me on my way.  Go figure!  Roll Eyes  Anyhow, wanted to keep those that are interested updated, but the dealer could not replicate the issue and therefore, no fix or idea what the problem is.  I think they think I'm nuts and I am starting to believe them!  Embarrassed

End of the day, the bike doesn't require a working clock in order to be ridden!   Cool

Jerry
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2018, 10:01:18 AM »

waytogo
Interesting.
My wife had a similar experience with a car that required regular software upgrades at each service to stop the clock randomly changing time, windows not closing properly, trunk not locking, etc. Software updates were a routine part of each service to resolve model issues due to glitches in the ECU. With modern vehicles' integrated systems it seems this is the new norm nowadays.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 10:40:15 AM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: