Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 30, 2024, 04:48:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody use Supertune Motorsports?  (Read 3208 times)
NateDog

« on: July 23, 2008, 09:47:05 AM »

My '02 750 is in need of it's 24K service, and I'm looking for a reputable shop to do the work. It also has a few things that I'd like to get checked out since it's been sitting in my garage since I laid it down earlier this year.

Supertune Motorsports up near Wadsworth & I-70 (www.supertunemotorsports.com) was highly recommended to me by my uncle - a long-time rider and motorcycle enthusiast. They have several Ducati certified techs and are supposed to be both less expensive than a dealer and provide better service.

Just wondering if anyone here had any experience with them. If so, could you post up your thoughts/comments? Also, any other shop recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in Aurora near Parker & Chambers, and while it would be nice to find a shop fairly close I would much rather drive a bit further to get good service than go to a crappy shop or pay through the nose at a dealership.

Thanks!

NateDog

"To educate a man in mind and not morals is to create a menace to society." Theodore Roosevelt

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in that grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt
PanDuc

'06 S2R800, '70 cb450 Cafe Project, 64 Harley FL

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 01:01:36 PM »

I have not had anywork done there. However, i have been to the shop asking if they can do a few things for my cafe style honda.  The owner took me around the shop and showed what they were working on at the time. real cool guys!!!  If i recall, the owner rides a Duc.

I hope that helps a little
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 06:09:24 AM by PanDuc » Logged
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 07:12:58 AM »

There was a guy on www.ducati.ms (not that I condone going to a vs site) - RocketJohn, that would continually praise SuperTune.

I don't know exactly who this is, though in a few PM's back & forth a long time ago, he says he knows me.

As far as I know, he could be the owner out doing self promotion.

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
beater

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 06:15:23 PM »

I ran into the owner at elitches... kinda funny. I was locking up our jackets with a cable lock by this time, as the duc had already gathered some onlookers from the noise, and walks right up and starts checking out my bike... first thing he says: "who works on your bike?"  me: "um... me"  looks at me a little silly, gives me his card, and proceeds to pitch me on bring my bike in to "double check myself"

Munch

Monster S4R - Munchstrada 1100S - 749R

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 07:17:34 PM »

I have some buds who don't think too highly of this place. But you know what they say about opinions...
kellyhewes

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 01:01:32 PM »

My '02 750 is in need of it's 24K service, and I'm looking for a reputable shop to do the work. It also has a few things that I'd like to get checked out since it's been sitting in my garage since I laid it down earlier this year.

Supertune Motorsports up near Wadsworth & I-70 (www.supertunemotorsports.com) was highly recommended to me by my uncle - a long-time rider and motorcycle enthusiast. They have several Ducati certified techs and are supposed to be both less expensive than a dealer and provide better service.

Just wondering if anyone here had any experience with them. If so, could you post up your thoughts/comments? Also, any other shop recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in Aurora near Parker & Chambers, and while it would be nice to find a shop fairly close I would much rather drive a bit further to get good service than go to a crappy shop or pay through the nose at a dealership.

Thanks!

NateDog

NateDog,

I highly recommend Boulder Motorsports.  They've done a great deal of work on both my wife's and my Ducati's.  These guys are real pros, literally.  They're running a World Superbike Team next year.

Kelly
T-byrd

Yellow, not the fastest color...just the most fun.

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 07:45:48 PM »

NateDog,

I highly recommend Boulder Motorsports.  They've done a great deal of work on both my wife's and my Ducati's.  These guys are real pros, literally.  They're running a World Superbike Team next year.

Kelly

I've been there and I did not leave a happy customer.  My bike is still not working after they adjusted my valves and "tuned it" for me.  What they called tuning was making the front cylinder on my bike work double time to overcompensate for the second cylinder not working.  Not good workmanship from his guys.

Just because Brian the owner knows what he's doing doesn't mean the guys that work for him do.  I truly wish him luck and want him to succeed at WSB and with his shop. 

Just another experience, I understand that everyone else has had wonderful experiences there...I just was an unlucky customer I guess.

Good luck with where ever you decide to go.

T

00 M900, Il Cianghiale
kellyhewes

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 12:19:52 PM »

I've been there and I did not leave a happy customer.  My bike is still not working after they adjusted my valves and "tuned it" for me.  What they called tuning was making the front cylinder on my bike work double time to overcompensate for the second cylinder not working.  Not good workmanship from his guys.

Just because Brian the owner knows what he's doing doesn't mean the guys that work for him do.  I truly wish him luck and want him to succeed at WSB and with his shop. 

Just another experience, I understand that everyone else has had wonderful experiences there...I just was an unlucky customer I guess.

Good luck with where ever you decide to go.

Did you call Brian about your service?  Hard to believe they wouldn't make it right?? 

You're the only person I've ever heard saying they didn't receive OUTSTANDING service.

Kelly

T-byrd

Yellow, not the fastest color...just the most fun.

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 01:35:50 PM »

He did offer to work on my bike again but I was a little more than a little reluctant, no scared, to let them touch my bike again.  I was stranded on the side of E470, I was just thanking my lucky stars that my bike didn't seize going 60 (note: under the speed limit).

It was running so bad I was just trying to limp it home...didn't make it.  It's sad because the CSP that was nice enough to block me from traffic while I waited for my friends to come get me and the bike, told me that when I rode passed him a couple of miles before that my bike sounded awful and was expecting either a call because of a crash or because I was stranded.  Lucky for me I was only stranded.

Brian is a wonderful business man and a very stand up guy, he refunded me the hours of labor they put into the tune up and valve work, very professional in my book.  But it doesn't change the fact that my bike is still not running.  It's not Brian I don't trust, it's the two mechanics he has working for him that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Like I said before, I want and hope Brian and Kim are very, very successful with the shop and the race team (Hell,  I'll be screaming at the TV next year in support of them still).  I strongly believe CO needs a shop like that and we're lucky to have them.  That said, I think he could use some better help in the shop while he's away working on the WSB team.

I'm not trying to put into anyone's head that his shop is awful and to run the other way, but I feel it's fair to let fellow Ducatista know of my experience.

Tanya

00 M900, Il Cianghiale
kellyhewes

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 10:47:58 AM »

I appreciate your feedback and opinions Tanya.  Thanks for posting.

Kelly Hewes

He did offer to work on my bike again but I was a little more than a little reluctant, no scared, to let them touch my bike again.  I was stranded on the side of E470, I was just thanking my lucky stars that my bike didn't seize going 60 (note: under the speed limit).

It was running so bad I was just trying to limp it home...didn't make it.  It's sad because the CSP that was nice enough to block me from traffic while I waited for my friends to come get me and the bike, told me that when I rode passed him a couple of miles before that my bike sounded awful and was expecting either a call because of a crash or because I was stranded.  Lucky for me I was only stranded.

Brian is a wonderful business man and a very stand up guy, he refunded me the hours of labor they put into the tune up and valve work, very professional in my book.  But it doesn't change the fact that my bike is still not running.  It's not Brian I don't trust, it's the two mechanics he has working for him that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Like I said before, I want and hope Brian and Kim are very, very successful with the shop and the race team (Hell,  I'll be screaming at the TV next year in support of them still).  I strongly believe CO needs a shop like that and we're lucky to have them.  That said, I think he could use some better help in the shop while he's away working on the WSB team.

I'm not trying to put into anyone's head that his shop is awful and to run the other way, but I feel it's fair to let fellow Ducatista know of my experience.

Tanya
SuperTune

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 06:52:48 PM »

Just saw this old thread. Probably not worth replying, but...

Bick: i don't have to, nor would i ever "self promote".
Rocket John (http://www.rocketjohn.com) is a friend, but i have worked on many of his bikes. From a Speed Triple, a real nice '02 Duc 998, to old skool 1970's Honda 350, to a BMW GS, to a new Yam Star Stratoliner. He is very particular about the care of his machines.

beater: i remember meeting you at Elitch's. I was not suggesting you didn't know how to work on your own Duc, just offered my services if you ever needed anything. If you owned a business that serviced bikes, and had a chance to talk to someone with one, you'd hand out a card, too.

I have a lot of respect for Brian and his shop in Boulder. I don't have the backing to build WSBK level stuff. Wish I did.

hear-say 3rd party opinions have no merit. you want to know how good our service is, try us!
I service and tune Ducati and many other bikes. My shop is very good and honest at providing quality technical and excellent customer service.
If you have a question about SuperTune, or our service, come over and ask me. People are not disappointed or reluctant to have us work on their machines.

mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: