Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:14:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Said Goodbye to the Multistrada...  (Read 1322 times)
ZLTFUL
Mama said I would go blind if I kept playing with my

WWSDD? Why Anal of course!

« on: July 25, 2019, 10:51:56 AM »

I proposed to my wife late summer of 2011.
Part of my jokingly corny proposal was, “I should get a new motorcycle and you should get a new husband...”
At the time, I was completely content with my 2000 Ducati Monster M900i.e., named Sofia (She who bites)

But honestly, my soon to be bride actually enjoyed my motorcycle addiction and wanted to join along on my adventures.
Fast forward to January of 2012, we get wed and on our honeymoon we are chatting about what bike I would consider to be the best option for 2 up riding but would still give me a sultry minx of a mistress like Sophia.
After some back and forth, we decided that my next ride would be a 2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring...dubbed Angelica
We ordered her the following weekend and it is quite literally the newest thing I had ever owned to this point...
I mean she was still in the crate when we were introduced.

Over the next several years, we had many adventures...a good portion of the lower 48 was travelled and we went places...beautiful places...

But the last trip of more than 300 miles and longer than a weekend was in 2015 when we went to Indianapolis for the final MotoGP race there via Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South and North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana and then Illinois and finally back home to Iowa.

Over the last few years, my trips on Angelica have gotten smaller and smaller and my time with her less and less of an adventure.
So recently, I began wondering what next?
To answer that question seemed like kismet.

My buddy Thomas sent me a text asking me if I was still interested in purchasing his bike.
I asked him to give me a few days to think it over and made a few phone calls to potential buyers for my Multistrada.
On the third and final call, I reached out to a local dealership friend who didn’t hesitate when I stated my asking price and so, Friday, I said goodbye to Angelica. I got to keep some of the parts I had put on her over the years and all of the memories.

But that brings us to her successor as she can never be replaced.
Enter, Rufina.
She is a 2012 Ducati Panigale 1199 with quite literally every single performance and accessory mod I would EVER do.
And the mileage is barely broken in with all services up to date. I know her history almost as well as I knew Angelica’s.

So today, my wife and I drove out to Hiawatha, IA and handed over the cash for this sultry Italian seductress...

And of course, what good relationship doesn’t start with some drama...I got to ride her home through this...

Avatar courtesy of www.mybadco.com
2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 02:30:37 PM »

waytogo looking forward to the next instalment. Rain mode work well?

2015 Scrambler 800
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 03:22:26 PM »

Have fun with that.

Ride fast and take chances. Wink

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 03:43:05 PM »

I have, quite literally, ridden every new bike I've gotten home in the rain, including my '13 Monster a few years ago.  It's retarded, and I've always wondered if it's an omen of some sort... but in 30+ years of riding, that's the only 'dark cloud' I've ever had...

Congrats on the new bike!

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 04:07:48 PM »

That 1199 is a two wheeled Ferrari. Beautiful.

2015 Scrambler 800
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 10:17:23 PM »

Congrats!
ZLTFUL
Mama said I would go blind if I kept playing with my

WWSDD? Why Anal of course!

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 08:55:21 AM »

Wet mode is surprisingly civil. I whacked the throttle open purposely hard and at 103 mph, the rear broke lose but the traction control immediately hopped in and the bike didn't even so much as twitch a little bit.

Sport mode (or every day mode) is fun.

Race mode...she's ROWDY. But completely in control rowdy like Patrick Swayze in a fight in Roadhouse.

Obviously, I haven't been able to touch the limits on the street without risking my life and license but I am in lust now.

Avatar courtesy of www.mybadco.com
2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: