Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 01:39:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ML builds an old truck  (Read 48800 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #375 on: October 07, 2023, 04:28:51 PM »

Actually, it's similar to the Ford picture you posted. Just imagine the fenders aren't there at all.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #376 on: October 08, 2023, 02:17:23 AM »

No fenders to mount them on. There's actually nowhere to mount lights on the back of the truck. I'll have to create something.
Will it have a rear bumper?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #377 on: October 08, 2023, 02:39:24 AM »

Will it have a rear bumper?

I don't know. I like the look without one but I wonder if I'll ever regret not having one.

Currently I've loosely been thinking of fabing two rectangular aluminum housings to mount lights to the lower areas of the rear of each bed side.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #378 on: October 08, 2023, 02:49:52 AM »

If you do a bumper, it gives you a spot.

The rectangular housings will definitely work, but might look a bit like a trailer setup.

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #379 on: October 08, 2023, 03:01:21 AM »

Hmmm yeah it looks like the trailer light motif was common on trucks

I don't dislike it though

Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #380 on: October 08, 2023, 03:48:44 AM »

I've seen circular ones put in the bedrails. They looked good, but were a bit less visible, IMO. May not be an issue with modern LEDs.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #381 on: October 08, 2023, 04:02:57 AM »

I've seen circular ones put in the bedrails. They looked good, but were a bit less visible, IMO. May not be an issue with modern LEDs.
I like this idea.

perspective

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #382 on: October 08, 2023, 07:24:35 AM »

They would have to be like 1-in diameter to fit the bed rails

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #383 on: October 08, 2023, 08:52:55 AM »

Dave-

2023-10-08_12-51-44 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

2023-10-08_12-51-50 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

2023-10-08_12-51-57 by Kevin Ames, on Flickr

Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #384 on: October 08, 2023, 11:00:08 AM »

A few ideas maybe.

'41 Chevy lights

'37 Ford tail lights

46-48 Ford PU tail lights

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #385 on: October 08, 2023, 11:04:25 AM »

They would have to be like 1-in diameter to fit the bed rails

Lol, right here. https://www.ebay.com/itm/195136420577?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1_JDrRwZqRtqv-a-actzgdg71&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=195136420577&targetid=1644837435963&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9001867&poi=&campaignid=20398863052&mkgroupid=157274709968&rlsatarget=pla-1644837435963&abcId=9317264&merchantid=115303068&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpompBhDZARIsAFD_Fp9vEmXPIQkD7wZEK1081_jFFiRsNQUiKPfdyfZU5bMsZOqsVqx9HisaAns2EALw_wcB

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #386 on: October 08, 2023, 11:04:46 AM »

A few ideas maybe.

'41 Chevy lights

That might be a winner. I could pull that off with what I have here.

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #387 on: October 08, 2023, 11:05:56 AM »

Interesting concept. I think I would be worried that they're not visible enough. Like you said, maybe the LED factor improves it enough to be functional

Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #388 on: October 08, 2023, 11:22:10 AM »

Trailer lights may be the current leader
https://www.amazon.com/FABOOD-Trailer-Sequential-Running-Taillight/dp/B08MKRWYDM/ref=asc_df_B08MKRWYDM/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=475855973431&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3730764881882323806&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9006408&hvtargid=pla-1039986788622&psc=1

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #389 on: October 08, 2023, 01:30:51 PM »

I like the Ford PU style better. It's your truck though. Kiss

perspective

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: