Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 04:30:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Ducati Monster test, I will ask again Monster or Monstocity?  (Read 1040 times)
paso87

« on: May 14, 2021, 02:47:34 PM »

I do believe this is one of the first road tests of the 2021 Ducati Monster. Cycle World did this test.  Did Ducati go too far this time?  I have to go back to when Ducati came out with the 999 after the 916/996/998. I personally thought the 999 was an awesome design and it was way way ahead of its time. It was a better motorcycle and a more comfortable motorcycle and it was a winning motorcycle. More wins by the 999 than any other Ducati superbike. The consumer did not like it. Thus the 1098/1198 looked a bit more like the 916 family and people bought them. With regard to the Monster I am not sold on the gas tank, head light, frame, and all that clutter on right side of the engine. There used to be space between the cylinders and now this has clutter. My vote is it is a monstrosity!. The 999/749 sold for about three + years before being replaced by the 1098.  Let's see what happens in three years. Did you check out the small exhaust tips on the exhausts?  This bike will be crying for Termignonis or Akrapovic exhausts. What do you all think?

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 06:01:41 PM »

Totally agree with you ...

My former M620D, is around, the new owner comes to visit, he has left it as I last had it, albeit, installed the factory foot pegs for 2 up riding, I had single rider set up  ... It still turns heads and is 16 yrs old ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 08:16:32 PM »

Monstrosity.
Has lost its DNA connection with the previous models.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 03:01:53 AM »

MONSTROSITY vomit
convict

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 05:42:12 AM »

huge fan of the much maligned 999.
the new monster is awesome with all the bits and pieces . better stronger faster its the bionic bike
it will keep moving ducati forward and bring new riders and new friends
hoping it will bring new dealerships and mechanics to new areas and maybe one to mine
also a fan of honda kawasaki yamaha guzzi triumph aprilia benelli  you get it

i own an s2r. the last of the full trellis. the last of the analoge sweeps. and the last of the monsters i want to own.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: