Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 03:29:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Think I'll buy a Ducati, finally!  (Read 1540 times)
CornerCarver

« on: February 09, 2022, 01:36:05 PM »

Hi guys, my name is Randy and I'm a lifelong motorcyclist (never quit so I'm not "returning" like many of my baby boomer peers). I'm in my late 60s and have owned over 70 motorcycles (stopped counting) but somewhat surprisingly, given my preference for the euro brands, never a Ducati. I did have a $10k deposit on a 916 when they were first introduced in the 90s but I got tired of waiting and spent the money on something else. Damn, that was stupid!

I've had quite a few BMWs and just sold my last one, an S1000XR. I think it's time to take the plunge though, the new Monster has caught my eye, but only in the "Aviator Gray" color. I've always loved the look of the 2000's era Senna addition (anthracite with red wheels) so when I saw the new Monster+ in essentially that scheme it caught my eye and I began to investigate. (I tried to insert pics here of both for your visual enjoyment but this forum only seems to allow image links, not embedding an image).

In my old age I'm after something lighter, with great handling (I'll take handling over power any day), modern technology, well made, and with pleasing aesthetics. The new Monster seems to click all those boxes for me and may well be my last bike, who knows. Man, that's a sobering thought!

So, I'll be the FNG for awhile here while I search the heck out of the forum in my quest to understand more about the world of Ducatis and the new Monster too. Don't worry, I'll always search first before asking!

Ciao,
 waytogo

ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 06:28:26 AM »

Welcome aboard  waytogo

When you take delivery of your new Aviator Grey Monster, be sure to post us some pictures to drool over  waytogo

This might help:  https://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=109.0

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 09:38:05 AM »

Welcome chug

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: