Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 07:59:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guzzi 1100 custom build  (Read 21676 times)
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2022, 04:40:02 AM »

Beautiful!

Needles and O rings?  Gotta be frustrating.
greenmonster

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2022, 05:49:53 AM »

waytogo  Looking good!

How come you've skipped link between exhaust pipes? Most Guzzis I've seen seems to have/need them.
Looks better f sure but just wondering.

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
buzzer

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2022, 06:33:40 AM »

waytogo  Looking good!

How come you've skipped link between exhaust pipes? Most Guzzis I've seen seems to have/need them.
Looks better f sure but just wondering.

its a cleaner look...  But, I designed with the option of fitting one... there is clearance for the pipe but I thought I would see how it goes first.  the pipes are huge in comparison to standard  waytogo
buzzer

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2022, 06:39:58 AM »

Beautiful!

Needles and O rings?  Gotta be frustrating.

It really is...  a combination of Royal Mail and a supplier here in the UK that I will NEVER use again due to the attitude on the phone, and the general way they operate.  The good news is I have found a supplier in the Netherlands for carb bits and he is very easy to deal with waytogo
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2022, 11:44:00 AM »

It really is...  a combination of Royal Mail and a supplier here in the UK that I will NEVER use again due to the attitude on the phone, and the general way they operate.  The good news is I have found a supplier in the Netherlands for carb bits and he is very easy to deal with waytogo
Don't be shy.  Name names... 

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
buzzer

« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2022, 02:45:49 AM »

Don't be shy.  Name names... 

Well lets just say that if you look at their google reviews I am not the only person who feels their customer service is below par!

So its start-up time…  I had a good spark, but I wasn’t sure if it was on the right cylinder as I hadn’t made a note on the coils… so it was a 50% chance it would start…  It did!  It quickly settled to a nice tick over, but I had to shut it down as I am missing the “0” rings off the sensors and they leaked oil.  I have been waiting a week for them, bloody Royal Mail strikes!

With any fresh engine build I have a routine I stick to that has served me well over the years…  first thing I do is remove the oil switch and pump oil into the engine.  I use a plastic pump up bottle for this.  This primes all the oilways, fills the filter, fills the oil pump, and oozes out of all the bearings.  I prefer this to engine building paste, which I am not a fan of…  I do use a smear of it on the cams and followers though…

The other thing I do is screw in a pressure gauge.  I was pleased to see that it immediately shot up, which is always a relief.  This has saved me a couple of times in the past…  Once when the pressure relief valve in a new oil pump was stuck, and the gauge went off the scale…  the other time was my fault when I put an oil pickup pipe joint on wrong, and the joint itself covered the pipe hole…  started it up and initial pressure then nothing… that gauge is a lifesaver!

buzzer

« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2022, 08:20:00 AM »

well how annoying is that  bang head bang head  I noticed the section of one pipe was going blue...  checked it and its magnetic!  looks like the supplier mixed in a piece of Mild Steel in with the stainless!  Oh well, new piece is on its way

buzzer

« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2022, 03:50:14 AM »

well this build comes almost to an end, I am sure there will be some snagging to do, but that can be done in Spring when I can ride it! I will post a video of it running as soon as we have a nice day. Here is is with the last couple of builds I have kept as I liked how these ride!

Its time to start the next Build… I have another Multistrada at the back of the garage which I will wheel out soon and make a start on that… this has some nice parts on it and should make a great bike, not sure on the style of this one yet, I guess it will evolve over the coming months.. Have to say I have really enjoyed the Guzzi build, a refreshing change to Ducati’s as the next one will be Ducati number 10 build!

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2022, 06:25:46 AM »

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
buzzer

« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2022, 10:13:17 AM »

The front under the headlight didn’t look right, so I made a plate and etched a Guzzi badge on it, I am still amazed how well the etching works!

Here is the video of it running, followed by some photos that tell the story of its build… Its -5 this afternoon on the drive, so It wont be up the road for a while!

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2022, 10:54:55 AM »

applause

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2022, 11:53:20 AM »

BRAVO applause applause applause

Blackout

« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2022, 12:32:33 PM »

You, sir are an artist. I love the minimalist build.

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
Mhanis

« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2022, 07:44:01 AM »

It sounds fantastic!

Mark

I ride a GS scooter with my hair cut neat.

Pete Townshend

2009 M1100 68,000+ miles- and climbing
2015 Suzuki TU250X 13,000+ miles
buzzer

« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2023, 08:42:59 AM »

I thought I would update...  I have been putting a fair few miles on the Guzzi...  It runs really well and pulls like a train!  the ride is a little hard and I may well change the rear shocks though...

However, not everything on a build like this goes to plan… I have been doing a fair few long and fast runs and after one very spirited run I noticed oil coming out the breather… looks like the one I made didn’t work. I set about a completer re-design, and made one out of alloy sheet. Here is the result. I have given it a good thrashing and all is now well!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: