Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 07:55:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General brake pad question  (Read 1475 times)
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« on: June 21, 2022, 07:02:00 PM »

One of the Ducati FB groups was talking about brake pads and it got me to thinking... I have a set of replacement pads out in the tool box for my 796, that I've never taken the time to put on.  Pulling them out, they are Ferodo FDB-P's... their premium organic road pads.  I don't track my bike, and I don't fool myself into thinking I'm Eddie Lawson, so street pads are fine.  These are only for the front... I don't bother with my rear, since it only adds about 1% braking effort into the mix... (yes, I need to try to bleed it out, again.)

How do Ferodo's stack up against EBC's, which seem to be the most popular, and any other brand pad out there?  General consensus is the stock Brembo pads pretty much suck, so I'm curious to see what, if any, difference these pads might make.

What's your favorite street brake pad?

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 11:18:01 PM »

My preference was DP HH, but would also use EBC HH.  The DPs had a softer initial bite.  Really, as long as you are using a quality pad (which you are) it is a matter of personal preference.  Organic are a little gentler on rotors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: