Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:25:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dry Slipper Clutch Comparison, advice Ducabike/STM/CNC/Yoyodyne models attached  (Read 4166 times)
Qomomoko

Return of the Yoga

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2022, 02:27:39 PM »

this link is the K-bike slipper I just installed, and mentioned. Its non-adjustible. The adjustible one you posted is different. Why spend $1000  + on an identical Ducabike spider spring slippper? The K-bike 6 spring slipper clutch setup from Nick is about $725 complete with plates. I had the Ducabike one before and it appeared identical to the K-bike slipper one I have now, internally.    
My 2c on the slipper clutches:
   -any slipper will wear out faster than a normal clutch- esp. the plates. I sand them down and remove all glazing about 1/2 thru the plates' life typically.
   -All spider spring slippers appear extremely similar internally, but different shaped pressure plates. I've never had the rest of the clutch (like spider springs or the 6 ball bearings) wear out before the plates do. I get about 15-20k miles out of a complete slipper clutch (ridden hard).
   -I typically have a hard time finding neutral with a brand new slipper clutch setup for the 1st 1 or 2 hundred miles. Then its good.

https://www.kbike.it/lang_EN/scheda.php?grupid=4&id=349

Makes sense.

Adjustability is a luxury, even a slipper clutch is semi luxury (a tad of safety).

Guess besides the design, there are 2-3 current designs, the next step is type of material/ quality/ quality assurance.

Lb for lb, makes little sense to spend more money. Understanding the lb for lb is what I am doing and getting to.

I am getting some more information from the vendors and will share on this thread.

yeah, I made an account with Kbike, good information and they are organized especially access to instructions/ manuals.
The comparible Kbike IMO to the ducabike 6 spring  comes out to $820 ($900 with taxes and shipping) from black label meccanica.
With plates and basket Wink

« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 02:33:39 PM by Qomomoko » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: