Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 06, 2022, 11:48:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: M695 starting issue fuel flange wires replaced  (Read 58 times)
m695

« on: Yesterday at 11:51:57 AM »

I have a 2007 M695. I've had a stating problem for a while, and it was the fuel flange wires. The fuel pump wasn't priming or coming on. I got a new fuel wire flange from CA cycle works, I got it installed and BINGO the fuel pump was working! The Ducati started for the first time in about two years. I replaced the battery and spark plugs. Now the engine cranks and idles for a few seconds and dies. When the engine starts, I've tried to rev it but the engine dies, sometimes it backfires then dies. What else am I missing? I really want to get this thing back on the road where it needs to be. I am located 1 1/2 hours away from the nearest three Ducati dealers so taking it to the dealer isn't an option right now. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 01:09:16 PM »

If it was sitting with gas I would consider changing the fuel filter, the fuel regulator and having the injectors sonically cleaned by an auto shop. That on top of the normal scheduled maintenance.

Things can gum up and I've heard of injectors being glued shut or half the holes blocked. Pressure reg and filter can get clagged putting a strain on the pump.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:06:39 AM by koko64 » Logged

2013 M1100 Evo street
2004 GSXR 750 track
greenmonster

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:59:35 AM »

Battery condition?

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:37:49 AM »

Battery condition?

Good point, on an FI bike the battery can be strong enough to crank the engine, but not be able to power the computer.  Charge and load test.
m695

« Reply #4 on: Today at 06:47:04 AM »

I put a brand new battery, and charged it to full charge. The bike is trying to run. When it starts it has low idle like the bikes do when it's a cold start,  if it runs for a few seconds- a minute, it surges. When I twist the throttle the engine dies. I have got it to rev a few times, once at 3000 rpm for about a minute. Once I let off the throttle it settled around 1000 and then it dies after a few seconds. When it backfires, it's coming from the airbox section.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: