Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 23, 2024, 10:07:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Foot controls relocation?  (Read 1736 times)
Lux Machine Inc

M900

« on: August 08, 2022, 01:46:11 PM »

So I searched and didn't see where anyone had relocated their foot controls to move them forward. I know thos sounds like a crazy idea as most people are moving them back when it comes to this thought but I want to go a differen route. I have a 99 M900 that I love but as I get older I want more of an upright riding position.  I just added the tall boy type clip ones which are great now I wanted to move my foot controls to more of a mid control. I am looking for any suggestions or if anyone has attethis in the past. I will be making templates to start with too see if I can make this happen and post it here. I don't have time to hear about how dumb you might think this sounds so move on down the road. I look forward to any positive back or if I should go a different route entirely.  Thanks in advance.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 02:29:27 PM »

https://cycle-ergo.com/

Changing ergonomics succesfully is harder than it seems.

Maybe Tall Boys are good for you. Maybe not. You'll find out  waytogo

Sato Racing (made for the 'shorter' asian market) usually make rearsets that are actually forwardsets. Probably discontinued for M900. There are several manufacturers of 360 degree rotating peg adapters.

It's important to establish which joints which will actually benefit from opening or closing. Lowering pegs open both hips and knees. Rearsets opens hips, but sharpens ankles and puts a different kind of load on the knees.

It will be easier to understand when you go a few rounds on the software.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 02:37:42 PM »

You can use this site to estimate where you want to put your pegs. http://cycle-ergo.com/

You really only have two tricky problems to solve: shift linkage (I think this is the trickiest), and rear brake line (but custom lines are not very expensive). You might incur a ground clearance penalty if you move them too far down or outward.

Dang, stopintime beat me to the punch.

Lux Machine Inc

M900

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 11:18:10 AM »

Thank you guys for the support. I think I will hold tight for now and get used to the tall boys and go from there. Thanks again.
Dylan
greenmonster

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 01:59:58 PM »

Just lowering pegs makes a world of difference.
Most kits that allow that also gives options of front
or rearward positioning. Do try, many options out there,
like eBay.

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 07:19:39 PM »

As mentioned you can buy the swivel type pegs that move about 2 inches in an arc around the pivot, so they might be helpful.
Be aware that there are cheap and nasty products out there that can snap off under bodyweight. Like brake levers there's billet and faux billet out there. Sometimes the material for the peg is ok but the fasteners are crap. Be prepared to pay more.

2015 Scrambler 800
Orange16

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2022, 03:44:40 AM »

You may be able to adapt MTS1000/1100, HM1100 or Scrambler bits?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: