Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:00:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2023 Monster SP rear static sag  (Read 861 times)
GreasySnipe

« on: July 15, 2023, 10:50:09 PM »

I wound up adding to the stable recently, I got a '23 937 SP and have been enjoying it but the suspension felt off (just like most monsters new I've rode or had) So I started after getting some mileage on it by checking my sag numbers, front is 25 static, rider(me 170 lbs with gear/backpack for work) sag is 45 @ factory settings (5 in from fully unloaded, 1 turn is 1mm preload). The back is where it gets interesting- Zero static, Rider is 25 mm. The adjuster ring is 5 threads from fully unloaded. I added 5 turns(5mm preload) to the front forks as it felt weight was being pushed forward and it helped make it feel more neutral but still no static in the rear. I'm thinking it is over sprung in the rear and slightly under in the front in keeping with Monster tradition but I wanted to start off with the rear as the zero static is a problem. I cannot for the life of me locate anything on this spring part number or series other than it is what is described as a demo spring. The number is 01106-08-80-140, Anyone have any info on that?

And the Stable, the 796, the 937, the Scrambler

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 12:48:29 AM »

Another poo poo from the 'engineers' in Bologna.

I would HIGHLY recommend changing the springs to linear  waytogo  If that's not happening, more preload front and less preload rear. Also work on the damping.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: