Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 26, 2024, 11:21:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why hello there strangers...  (Read 1668 times)
DJ

'94 M900, aka 'Angelina'

« on: May 28, 2024, 06:18:28 PM »

Thanks to ducpainter for the assist in recovering my account, I've wandered back into the fold...

Nice to see so many new faces, and plenty of old ones. Glad to know that the forum is still rolling all these years after "the split". I've been off dealing with life stuff the past few years. It's been, lemme check the login... 8 years since I last logged in?!?!

Well, during that time I spent 3 years going through a nasty divorce, lost everything I owned except for my Monster, and gained custody of the kids in the process. Bonus, also got to take on all the debt, fun! Whatever, got my kiddos safe.

What else happened... hmm... Got laid off, started a personal training company, blew all my savings (Seattle is damn expensive!), helped a lot of amazing kids find meaning through sport. Went back into IT as freelance, ended up helping to start a company, met a girl, got married, moved to central Virginia, got one kid through school, another is a Sophomore. Been coaching lacrosse at HS and international level around the world, traveled to 30+ countries...

I still ride to work pretty much every day, though these days it's on an '09 Suzuki Vstrom 650. Don't knock it, super comfy and great in the winter.

Angie has been parked up in the basement since we moved out east n 2020, just waiting for me to finish building out the shop so she can get a much needed overhaul. Forks seals, heads, carbs, all need to be gone through. I am hoping that this summer we'll finally get to spend some time together again.

Now, time to take a look at the "Show unread posts since last visit" thread.  Shocked  chug

-dj
Irish Club ----- iDOC
US Club ------- DesmoNorthwest
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2024, 10:32:34 PM »

Well done  Dolph

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: