Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 15, 2024, 11:54:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: from Chandler AZ  (Read 278 times)
Mark_W

« on: July 08, 2024, 01:32:42 PM »

I'm Mark, in Chandler AZ. Last week I picked up a 2006 Monster 620 Dark, not running. My first Ducati. Upon spinning the bike's engine with the starter, I found that it had compression, spark, and oil pressure. No sounds from the fuel pump. I figured that it was worth taking a chance and brought the little Monster home.

After taking a look at the fuel pump and determining that it ran I installed the assembly in the bike and the Monster fired to life. Knowing that there actually was something wrong I did some research, found out about the wiring problem inside of the fuel pump flange, then removed the assembly and dug out the sealant. The red wire was touching, but not attached to, its pin. One of the black wires was a little better but still pulled off. Everything is now soundly soldered and sealed and the bike runs well. The oil pressure switch died after the bike's first wash. Very briefly came back to life a week later, then died completly today. It's OK running, I verified oil pressure with a test gauge before taking the bike out for a spin.

The bike is not actually for me. My neice had her '04 DR-650 stolen a few months ago. The Ducati won't take her on the same types of adventures as the DR could but she does not seem to mind. A whole new world of engineering to learn about. And she thought that checking screw adjustable rocker arms was a complex task!

Other bikes that I have: '72 BMW R75/5, '75 Honda CB400-4, '82 BMW R100RS, '05 Yamaha R6, '08 Buell Ulysses, '16 Yamaha R1. I've been riding for a while (I purchased the 400-4 in 1979).
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2024, 02:54:03 PM »

waytogo  Smiley

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: