Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 06:24:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody here???  (Read 38573 times)
fwtcc

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 05:11:58 AM »

I had a guy come over in my lane and it is actually totalled.  I have it in the garage taking off the good bits now, its been in there for awhile.  I was really hoping for a low buy back and a rebuild over the winter, they wanted 3k so the rebuild would have come close enough to what I paid and not have been worth it.

I'm probably going to wait to see what I can get at the end or the beginning of the season because right now there isn't too much out there.  I am kind of considering getting an older Triumph and making a cafe racer.  I am also getting the big "D" so some of the Duc money will be going to extermination fees so I can keep my house.

2005 S2R  R.I.P.

... I'm totally cool with my friends saying "You remember when William bit it?!  That was awesome!  How do you explode in a fireball while being crushed under a waterfall?!  I don't think I'll beat that..."
LYD

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 05:53:14 AM »

big 'D" ??  Huh?  What is that?

I hope you are okay,  I was in a big one last oct.  Totalled the bike and now I have a rod in my left leg (femur), lucky for me one of my friends bought a new s4rs just after the accident and he sold me his 900.

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
fwtcc

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 06:01:59 AM »

I apologize, I tend to talk in metaphors.  I am getting divorced and have to give the ex some green for equity in the house/ to get her out of my hair.

I am mostly all right.  My foot was broken and they put some pins in it.  The pins are out and it is healing up.  As long as I avoid using the outside of my foot I'm all right.  I can walk mostly fine and can run but, too much and it it'll piss my foot off a bit.  Can't get back in to sports yet though.  I was playing soccer and softball.  I can field in softball but running the bases is a bit much because I can only use one leg to come to a quick stop.

A year out isn't that long, especially with added hardware.  How's the leg coming along?

2005 S2R  R.I.P.

... I'm totally cool with my friends saying "You remember when William bit it?!  That was awesome!  How do you explode in a fireball while being crushed under a waterfall?!  I don't think I'll beat that..."
LYD

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 06:20:36 AM »

Okay I get it,  I had to sell my 1st duc due to the big D (f 'n pregnant doges)!!

The leg is coming along great, no limp or anything, still can't run full speed, but I am also turning 40 this year and don't do alot of running anyway!

the rod just starts bothering me in the cold, so the move up here won't help.

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
fwtcc

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2008, 06:34:50 AM »

The last couple of years winter has been mild, barring a week or two where Old Man Winter comes storming through the place like a drunk PMS'er, then its tame again.  I hope I don't jinx us but that is kind of how it has been the last two years.  Still ridable in November and out as early as February.  Of course I have been a tad bold and refused to winterize the bike, making use of the odd 45+ day here and there through December and January.

What was a cold day in Texas, 55?

2005 S2R  R.I.P.

LYD

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2008, 08:31:08 AM »

A couple days in Jan got down to 30 (freezing) but within a couple of days it was back in the 50's again.  We did get a light snow at least once a winter, but most of the time it was freezing rain. No need to winterize in texas.  I am like you, when I lived in northern Indiana I didn't winterize either, as long as the roads were dry I rode.  But I am trying to talk my wife into putting the bike in the dinning room for winter, but she won't go for that, but its worth a try!!  My garage is not heated, so I don't want to leave it in there for winter.  oh well we live up north so expect snow!  I also hope you didn't jinx us, I HATE SNOW AND THE COLD!!!

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
fwtcc

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2008, 09:48:59 AM »

I like the snow, hate the cold.  I stay at "fighting weight" so I get chilly pretty quick.  There is a lot of moisture in the air here as well which means its a biting cold.  Cincinnati is right on the line of the tropical and temperate zones so it just kind of gets pissed on as far as weather goes.  Fall and spring are wonderful though.

Seems it would be quite a pain to get in to a dining room, a bit of a conversational piece though.

2005 S2R  R.I.P.

Duc L'Smart

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2008, 09:49:10 AM »

I had a guy come over in my lane and it is actually totalled.  I have it in the garage taking off the good bits now, its been in there for awhile.  I was really hoping for a low buy back and a rebuild over the winter, they wanted 3k so the rebuild would have come close enough to what I paid and not have been worth it.

I'm probably going to wait to see what I can get at the end or the beginning of the season because right now there isn't too much out there.  I am kind of considering getting an older Triumph and making a cafe racer.  I am also getting the big "D" so some of the Duc money will be going to extermination fees so I can keep my house.

Crikey! Bad juju on 2 counts... Sad

Did the "other guy"not stop/have insurance?

Good luck with the divorce... Been there, done that, twice Tongue

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
fwtcc

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2008, 09:55:38 AM »

That makes it 3 juju's because he did stop, and was cited for the accident.  He fought the ticket saying I was doing 80 (right and all I did was break my foot, not become a splatter).  Me and the stand alone witnesses stories almost perfectly correlated and his was different.  She said she had been a car length behind me and we had just left a light less than a quarter mile before.  Man for that Hyundai to match me pace for pace up to 80 is pretty impressive.

After all sides had spoke the judge said, "I don't understand what happened here, let the insurance sort it out.  Not Guilty."

I was absolutely amazed and believe it was because I was on a bike.  He has insurance.  I am currently going through my insurance for the total then they are going to attempt to recoup.  Also, I had to go get a lawyer for the medical cost and that nonsense, so something that could have been plenty simple turned in to a giant mess, while I have to deal with another giant mess.  Can not wait for both to be dealt with.

2005 S2R  R.I.P.

Duc L'Smart

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2008, 10:08:09 AM »

now THAT'S bullshit!!!!!

Your insurance company should be going to bat for big time!

Fingers crossed for you waytogo

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
fwtcc

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2008, 10:12:45 AM »

Thank ya much, I appreciate it.

2005 S2R  R.I.P.

LYD

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2008, 08:37:51 AM »

Seems it would be quite a pain to get in to a dining room, a bit of a conversational piece though.

Not at all, I have a big double door for the backdoor, very easy.  Just have to have mindy move the pub table and then there will be plenty of room!  waytogo

An as scott said:

now THAT'S bullshit!!!!!
Your insurance company should be going to bat for big time!
Fingers crossed for you waytogo
+1

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
Bonwilder
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2008, 08:52:48 AM »

5 miles north of columbiana, OH on route 46.  But my address is columbiana, OH.  (NE)
that's pretty far north, dude.  Never been there.  We bought the volvo wagon in Pitts. but were only there for a day.
LYD

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2008, 08:54:48 AM »

I am 40 miles from pitts, NW!

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
Bonwilder
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2008, 08:58:04 AM »

I am 40 miles from pitts, NW!
Pitts was a reallly cool town, very old with lots-o-history.  I wish we could've spent more time there.  We were in the Poconos for 4 years - is your Tahoe a 4-wheel drive, you are fixin to need it. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: