Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 11:24:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: to trade, or not to trade..............  (Read 2976 times)
Asia1098

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 09:34:52 AM »

I get the debt issue, but I don't understand selling your last bike to decorate the house...just fix up the house a little at a time and then maybe you can keep your bike, or trade for the 675.  I guess I just despise remodeling.  We had an older home in KY where I had to paint every wall, replace floors, refinish the hardwoods, etc.  What a nightmare.  When going through all of this work in the house you are going to need a bike to ride just to relax and get away!

Well, I'm trying to get the whole house done within a week or two max. I need to put in new hardwood floors downstairs and new carpet upstairs, then have the interior painted before moving all my stuff in the house. Its just so much easier to do that when the house is still empty. I painted my present house room by room and it took me forever..... and that was with no kids. Imagine doing that efficiently with two little critters. This new house is much bigger and the painter I'm hiring said he can do the house in one day!!! Shocked That alone makes me happy. It would take me weeks.

As for the trade, I guess I'm just going to keep my VFR and one day another nice opportunity will come by.  [moto]

As for the kids being up for adoption (LOL)...... I love these little critters!  I've been blessed with two very cute and well behaved boys. I'll sell everything I have for them. waytogo

Barry
I liked my Hondas, but I loooooved my DUC!!!
2004 Honda 599 Hornet in Ashalt....again.
2007 Ducati 1098 Smiley---SOLD!!!
2006 Honda VFR 800i---SOLD!!!
2006 Honda CBR 600rr---SOLD!!!
2004 Honda 599 Hornet yellow---SOLD!!!
Failure is success if we learn from it.
Bonwilder
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 09:55:49 AM »

Well, I'm trying to get the whole house done within a week or two max. I need to put in new hardwood floors downstairs and new carpet upstairs, then have the interior painted before moving all my stuff in the house. Its just so much easier to do that when the house is still empty. I painted my present house room by room and it took me forever..... and that was with no kids. Imagine doing that efficiently with two little critters. This new house is much bigger and the painter I'm hiring said he can do the house in one day!!! Shocked That alone makes me happy. It would take me weeks.

As for the trade, I guess I'm just going to keep my VFR and one day another nice opportunity will come by.  [moto]

As for the kids being up for adoption (LOL)...... I love these little critters!  I've been blessed with two very cute and well behaved boys. I'll sell everything I have for them. waytogo
When I did the remodeling work on our house in KY all four of the kids were there with me.  It was like a nightmare (although they didn't do anything wrong, it's just hard to work when they need you every five minutes.)
I totally understand wanting to have the work finished before you move in.  Having your house under construction while you are living in it can really make a person feel stressed out!  That extra stress is never good for the kids!   
Anyway, keeping the VFR is prob a good idea.  I think when you are ready for the change, it won't be such a difficult decision to make.
  Smiley 

Duc L'Smart

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2008, 06:34:31 PM »

anyone in the flooring biz?  Grin

Cyclone can give you a great recommendation waytogo

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2008, 06:39:29 PM »

Actually, It's just me and my paranoia of overspending. I hate being in debt and avoid it like the plague. Wink

i hear you there; i work for the bankruptcy court...and i grew up with a tightwad set of parents...i'm good at pinching the pennies and keeping everything paid in full.

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
Giannis
Bad Brains

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 09:49:18 PM »

This 675 deal sounds good, but I don't want to pay out anymore taxes for trading. What would tax for trading be anyways?

You have to pay tax when you go to Taxoffice to chance the title to your name and they calculate  the tax based on Blu Book Value of the bike for bike 1990 and later so even if you get a 675 for $100 you will pay whatever KBB list the bike for which i think is 7k or more.

Billy: We did it, man. We did it, we did it. We're rich, man. We're retirin' in Florida now, mister....
Captain America: You know Billy, we blew it....
www.speedjunkies.gr
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: