Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 05:47:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: secret weapon  (Read 3953 times)
truckinduc

« on: August 03, 2008, 10:23:35 AM »

so since ive been injured and so has my bike, ive been doing my own physical therapy, for my knee.

But in my spare time ive also been honing my skills off the bike.

I have a secret weapon, the scoot. 

I aquired a scooter for free and have been enjoying the hell out of it.

Since it has little to no power ive been working on maintaining corner speed.

Ive got to remove the center stand as i feel i can lean farther without it, it likes to drag.

Ill come into the corner going pretty hot, and shift my ass to the direction of the turn, ill focus on the apex and exit of the turn, usually where the outer two lines of the road are closest.

the scooter is pretty unstable at full lean, i believe it is partly due to the rear tire, the bent front fork, and the design of the chassis.

Ill keep at it cause its super fun on the tight twisty roads i live on.

mossimo

I lost my titanium member in the operation

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 07:21:18 PM »

waytogo  Now thats how you get the ladies.

"Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."  Will Rogers.
Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 05:49:23 AM »

We were actually hoping to get everyone on a scooter ride in the DC area.  Everyone in full track gear and go terrorizing the poor cagers.  Not really, but at least we would have gotten some giggles.

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
sbrguy

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 08:58:04 AM »

you have to get a picturee of everyone in full track leathers and helmets and in a full lean hanging off in a turn on a vespa scooter.. now that would be a funny picture.

better yet have two people a rider and passenger ont eh scooter doing that, going around a turn at like 20 mph...in a school zone.
truckinduc

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 06:51:13 AM »

actually the ladys think its very cute, but they think the monster is just pure evil.

I see where they are coming from.

does look a tad mean

And yes it has helped alot with one particular lady
mossimo

I lost my titanium member in the operation

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 05:55:27 PM »

actually the ladys think its very cute, but they think the monster is just pure evil.

does look a tad mean

And yes it has helped alot with one particular lady

If your bike has any relevance of how you like your ladies....  excellent

"Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."  Will Rogers.
Cider

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 07:26:20 AM »

This guy makes scooters look cool (I'm sure this is a derby):

Paegelow

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 06:43:17 PM »

That video was pretty bad ass.  That's how I felt bombing around on my old Elite 250... I wish I still had that thing.

I work at the Harley Product Development Center, which has a nice right hand curve for an entrance, and I'd buzz in dragging my center stand all the way around it when I came in to work...  Harley's beware!!!
Carman

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 05:39:07 AM »

hmm. . . maybe I'll get a scoot for a track bike   Grin Grin

Carman
'07 S4RS
Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 07:27:43 AM »

hmm. . . maybe I'll get a scoot for a track bike   Grin Grin

At Sepang (the Moto GP circuit outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) has their track day sessions broken out into scooters and sportbikes!

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: