Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 06:59:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce yourself and enjoy some Oklahoma hospitallity!  (Read 27183 times)
Tangerine Dream

« on: August 06, 2008, 06:37:33 PM »

Well, we finally have a place to call our own.  Thanks again Chris. Not just for our local club, but for the DMF as a whole.  applause applause applause

Please take the time to say hello and tell us a little bit about yourself. We look forward to hearing from each and everyone of you here on the board. That goes for all of you. Whether you live in OK, visit occasionally, or just drive through, be sure to say hello so a local can show you around or just go for a ride  [moto] 

I go by Tangerine Dream here on the board and am on my second Monster. I love to ride every chance I get and usually make a whole day affair of it when I do. I'm married with two children and my family gets most of my time. But I still get out and about and of course I check the DMF daily. My wife has recently expressed interest in a bike of her own. So we may be a two Monster family soon  Grin

2008 S2R 1000, 2009 Ninja 250R, 2006 S2R (RIP)
Hank

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 11:32:52 PM »

Don't forget to enjoy the winds and roads too.  Wink

'00 Monster 750 Dark
Current mods: K&N and removal of the intake silencers,  AFAM 14 tooth front sprocket.  Termignoni high mounts <---Best mod yet!, Evoluzione slave cylinder,
NEW: removed dinky plastic covers and emissions canister for moar n00dity!
"I like my women the way I like my roads; with plenty of curves!"
Raux
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 04:05:09 AM »

i'm here.

oh, btw, got lost the other night coming back from OKC to Lawton. decided to take a side route. should have been 40w to 81s to 44S, instead i think i took 40w to 81s to 151w to who know what farm roads to 37w to Hinton to 281s to 44s to lawton. nice roads but getting home at 11:30pm not nice.

Tangerine Dream

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 01:12:59 PM »

Now that's what I would call the Long Way Down!!! laughingdp laughingdp

Some of my best times were when I was lost on the bike  Cool

Le Pirate

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 01:39:05 PM »

I'll introduce myself. I'm Ryan.

I'm not really an Oklahomian; I live in Wichita Falls. I'm recently married, and I work A LOT. I grow fish for Texas Parks and Wildlife. I'm on my first ducati, but I've ridden since I was 4. My wife likes to ride with me and hopefully she'll be inheriting the 620 soon, and we'll be a multirider household.

I hope to come up and ride with you guys soon, but getting an entire day free is really hard for me right now. Stupid job  cheeky I need a career change....ShadowChaser....are you guys hiring?  Grin

Shifty
Girls compliment my

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 04:25:55 AM »

Heya, Rob here. I live in Tuttle, work in Norman. Just sold my 620 and picked up an S4R, I'd love to ride with some fellow Duc riders sometime!  waytogo

'04 Monster S4R, Ferracci Titanium exhaust, Paulimoto clutch, Power Commander, Ohlins damper.

Tangerine Dream

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 04:59:23 PM »

I'm glad I checked this today  Smiley  I don't visit here as often as I used too. Feel free to give me a call sometime and we can work out a time to ride, hopefully it will cool off soon  waytogo

426-2665

Shifty
Girls compliment my

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 02:09:36 PM »

I'm glad I checked this today  Smiley  I don't visit here as often as I used too. Feel free to give me a call sometime and we can work out a time to ride, hopefully it will cool off soon  waytogo

426-2665

Awesome, it is indeed going to be cooling down soon! The guy who bought my 620 would love to go out too I'm sure.

'04 Monster S4R, Ferracci Titanium exhaust, Paulimoto clutch, Power Commander, Ohlins damper.

adpeacock
ArmyDucRider

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 03:45:07 AM »

I am moving to Oklahoma again this summer and looking for some people to ride with.  I am a noob rider I haven't ridden in about 2yrs.  Can you help me out?

Adam

-2005Monster 620 Dark, Monsterparts Carbon Fiber Beer Tray, Pazzo Levers, Dunlop Qualifiers, CF Front Fairing
"Japanese Bikes are like supermodels; great to look at but full of aftermarket parts."
Booma

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 05:43:35 AM »

I am moving to Oklahoma again this summer and looking for some people to ride with.  I am a noob rider I haven't ridden in about 2yrs.  Can you help me out?

Adam

I don't know if I can help you as I'm a noob rider myself, but I live in OKC and don't know enough people with bikes, much less ducs. Where in OK are you going to live?
adpeacock
ArmyDucRider

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 07:08:59 AM »

I am going to be living in Lawton.  I have no issues going up to OKC and finding some good twists up there.

Adam

-2005Monster 620 Dark, Monsterparts Carbon Fiber Beer Tray, Pazzo Levers, Dunlop Qualifiers, CF Front Fairing
"Japanese Bikes are like supermodels; great to look at but full of aftermarket parts."
Tangerine Dream

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 06:19:08 PM »

Good thing I checked this today  Wink

If you're planning on coming to OKC for good roads, you're going to be disappointed. In fact I ride down to Mt Scott a couple of times a year just to get some decent roads. If you can't find anybody in the Lawton area soon, take a ride out to Mears behind Mt Scott, anyone in town can point you that way (if not, call me. i'll help you out). once there ask any of the bikers to show you some of the back roads on the Reserve. Or you can do what I do, pull up Google Earth and scope them out for yourself. Just be sure to have a full tank, there's no gas out there.

Or if you're willing to ride and you want the best roads in the state, head down to the Talimena Dr in SE Oklahoma. Now that's a real motorcycle trip  Evil Dolph

Either way, welcome to OK  chug

adpeacock
ArmyDucRider

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 09:49:43 PM »

Hey,  Thanks for the welcome.  I have ridden out to Meers a couple of times before and around Lake Elsworth.  I have been to Lawton but only for short times before.  This one will actually be for a couple of seasons.  I am not sure about the roads anywhere else in the state.  I only have a 620 so the winds really hurt when they push you laterally.  Thanks again for the welcome.  Anytime you would like to ride I will be more than happy to tag along with someone.  Where are you in OK?

Adam

Tangerine Dream

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 07:21:09 PM »

I'm in far SW OKC. I think I've ridden twice this year. Maybe a total of 150 miles  Cry
A new business and the family keep me occupied most of the time. But we're trying to plan a trip to Mena for this Fall.

adpeacock
ArmyDucRider

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 12:06:06 AM »

Awesome, I am going to have to retake the MSF course because mine is about to expire.  I am all about riding this fall, where is Mena?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: