Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 27, 2024, 01:08:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY V2  (Read 35201 times)
DRKWNG
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 12:05:46 AM »

Well that's pretty much most of us then.  Bye bye DML...   Cry
DRKWNG
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 07:26:16 PM »

Wanted to post it on here as well...

Might be doing Mod day V2 this Saturday afternoon at my place.  Anyone in?
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 07:40:33 PM »

THIS Saturday afternoon?  No can!  The wife and I have a room at the Royal Hawaiian.  NEXT saturday, though..

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 07:45:29 PM »

The wife and I have a room at the Royal Hawaiian. 

Hubba hubba!!
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 08:43:13 AM »

What mods did you have in mind Ben?  In one of the posts somewhere I thought you said something about flush mount turn signals.  Wrap the pipe too?  Let me know & I will bring stainless wire & safety wire pliers.

Dang it ...... Actually everyone of these threads is a "say anything" thread. You wackos.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 12:53:01 PM »

For me it will pretty much be installing the flush mount flashers (which I intend to pick up from the post office today) and wrap the header/exhaust.  R-Lo had said something about wanting to core his pipes too, but haven't heard anything back from him lately.  Other than that, I wanted to open the door and see if anyone wanted to try and do some work on their bikes too. 

Were you going to be bringing the stuff from your house or shop? 
teddy037.2
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 06:09:15 PM »

hmmm... someone I know has forks to install...
DRKWNG
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 10:29:17 PM »

Tristo?  He is far too busy getting his game on to come play with us.  Wink

Or do you speak of someone else?  Someone who rides the baconmonster by chance?
teddy037.2
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 10:30:33 PM »

perhaps.

Grin
DRKWNG
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »

That would be a pretty intensive mod, and I am not sure if we could pull it off at my garage, but I am ready and willing to pitch in.  Dare we beg Mac to volunteer his shop?  Wink
teddy037.2
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008, 10:35:55 PM »

my original thought was to do the install at the same time I do my rear, but I still need to order one.

prolly going w/the penske... I seriously doubt I would know the difference in feel an ohlins unit would offer.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 10:48:31 PM »

Were you going to be bringing the stuff from your house or shop? 

The house. Why?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2008, 10:51:05 PM »

The house. Why?

Just curious.  I was going to say that we could meet at the shop if you had all your stuff there, but never mind.

I got the turn signals along with a another (a spare I guess) carbon tank pad and another set (also a spare?) of paddock stand bobbins in the mail today.  Need to see if I got double charged for the spare parts...
teddy037.2
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2008, 10:58:32 PM »

so when's this going down? saturday?
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2008, 11:00:00 PM »

my original thought was to do the install at the same time I do my rear, but I still need to order one.

prolly going w/the penske... I seriously doubt I would know the difference in feel an ohlins unit would offer.

I don't think Ohlins vs. Penske, etc. is so much about feel but rather range of adjustment. 

The only advantage my shop could offer on the front forks is that I have a nice crane that could hold up the front of the bike as opposed to putting some sort of stand under the engine. I definitely have the rear shock swap out thing down. Between my monster and some other friends I've done about seven remove & reinstall/replace jobs. The crane works great for that.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: