Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 28, 2024, 07:17:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY V2  (Read 35235 times)
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2008, 02:21:14 PM »

Ok, reviving this old thread just to post up some new info.  This will be high on the list if I end up getting an 848...

http://www.ducati.com/shop/product.jsp?prodid=prod1500121&catid=cat1030155&_requestid=29277

And I'll bet it's cheap, too!

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2008, 06:19:30 PM »

Ok, reviving this old thread just to post up some new info.  This will be high on the list if I end up getting an 848...

http://www.ducati.com/shop/product.jsp?prodid=prod1500121&catid=cat1030155&_requestid=29277

What do mean "IF"??  laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp  BTW -- the link goes just to a generic Ducati apparel section.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2008, 06:29:18 PM »

What do mean "IF"??  laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp 

Well, I have to sell one of the bikes I have now first, and I haven't been too motivated to do that... 

BTW -- the link goes just to a generic Ducati apparel section.

Pick your country (i.e. USA) and then see what happens.   Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 06:30:54 PM by DRKWNG » Logged
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2008, 12:00:07 AM »

I am completely familiar with being on the edge and I know it'll just take the slightest nudge.... you'll need that smokin deal from your friend to have enough left over for that kit!

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2008, 12:14:16 AM »

Well, I went down and talked to Shawn after work on Friday; gave him an idea of what he was up against.  Let's just put it this way, the bike I am looking at has the full Termi/DP kit on it and will go for below MSRP after it is shipped down here.  But, I just have to sell off one, if not both, of my current bikes to get it and that is something I am not all that motivated to do.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2008, 08:43:14 AM »

Well, I went down and talked to Shawn after work on Friday; gave him an idea of what he was up against.  Let's just put it this way, the bike I am looking at has the full Termi/DP kit on it and will go for below MSRP after it is shipped down here.  But, I just have to sell off one, if not both, of my current bikes to get it and that is something I am not all that motivated to do.

See, I understand that too.  A point of view that would validate the situation that both of us are in would be that, in a sense, we have the best of both worlds. Each of us has a large displacement air cooled Ducati that is a bad boy hooligan in each of their own ways.  waytogo  Then we have screaming and reliable sportbikes for all those other moments.  Evil Could an 848 do dual duty? Maybe, maybe not. After getting stuck on the Pali Sunday afternoon I was sure glad I was on the Monster.  [moto]

DRKWNG
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2008, 09:10:04 PM »

Rick, got an email from FedEx saying that my new parts should be at your place (BME) this Thursday.  Think there is a chance, if'in I buy obligatory post-work/ride beers, that we could do a DIY day on Saturday?
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2008, 09:28:57 PM »

Sounds like a plan to me.

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2008, 11:58:16 PM »

I'm in for Saturday.  I won't be much help, but I can put a twisty straw in your drink, at least.

DRKWNG
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2008, 11:59:55 PM »

I won't be much help, but I can put a twisty straw in your drink, at least.

It's the thought that counts.  Wink 
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2008, 12:01:20 AM »

And I'm *always* thinking about you  Kiss

DRKWNG
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2008, 12:03:24 AM »

Hey Thailor.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2008, 10:00:35 AM »

well played, my friend  waytogo

DRKWNG
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2008, 07:10:39 PM »

So Rick, what time is good for you on Saturday morning?  I have to take the dog down the the vet at around ten, but am free for most of the day after that.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »

11 am onwards. The usual Saturday schedule. I also have light work to do on Gloria's car and my car.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: