Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:00:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D'OH!  (Read 1868 times)
jswledhed

« on: August 12, 2008, 08:23:19 AM »

Nicky's out for Brno.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Aug/e/n080812a.htm

I suspect his riding Supermoto means he's inked a contract elsewhere for next year.
gm2

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 08:29:17 AM »

I suspect his riding Supermoto means he's inked a contract elsewhere for next year.

why?

Like this is the racing, no?
jswledhed

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 08:51:56 AM »

Risking injury in a non-contract, just-for-fun race doesn't seem like something Honduh would let its riders do.  It could just as easily mean that Honduh's issued Hayden his walking papers and he has no plans for 2009 and, given that its nearly impossible for him to do anything noteworthy this year, he figured what the hell.

I'll remain optimistic and say he's signed up with someone for next year.  Maybe MotoGP, maybe not, but I think he's signed already.
gm2

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 08:59:31 AM »

"I certainly feel bad about it for my team and I apologise. I had the permission of HRC to do the Supermoto thing. I just wanted to do some riding during the break, have some fun and I thought that maybe it'd give me a little spark for the rest of the season, but it backfired on me."

though i agree, i think that wherever he's going it's already done.  and i think it's ducati.

Like this is the racing, no?
Pakhan

This is for Pris!

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 09:09:13 AM »

He better be at Indy, make the beast with two backs the czechs I won't be there  cheeky

"I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines."   m620 749s r6

www.suspectsunlimited.com
jswledhed

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 09:13:16 AM »

"I certainly feel bad about it for my team and I apologise. I had the permission of HRC to do the Supermoto thing. I just wanted to do some riding during the break, have some fun and I thought that maybe it'd give me a little spark for the rest of the season, but it backfired on me."

though i agree, i think that wherever he's going it's already done.  and i think it's ducati.

I think they gave him permission because his season, and career with HRC, is pretty much done. Wink

I hope its with Ducati.  I don't know if he'll be able to ride the 'sedici as well as Stoner, but at least he'll be on a team where both riders share a similar style.
mikeb
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 09:40:34 AM »

I think they gave him permission because his season, and career with HRC, is pretty much done. Wink

Don't know if it's because his career with them is done.  I certainly hope it is.  But I agree his season has been dead in the water so why not? 

He actually screwed up an ankle before riding SM for training.  I think in 2004?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: