Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 30, 2024, 11:25:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535484 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4080 on: July 27, 2011, 10:25:11 PM »

^^^ Yeah, baby!!  waytogo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4081 on: July 28, 2011, 02:09:18 PM »

Went for an abbreviated JJ ride this morning and almost got taken out by an old lady in a Camry on the H3 just before the tunnel...she was changing lanes like Mario doing the Indy 500, but I was ready for her... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4082 on: July 28, 2011, 02:44:48 PM »

^^^ Yeah, baby!!  waytogo

+3 
That looks great!

My arms would be tired too.  ( I know....that's really old & dumb but it's the end of the work day, I'm bored and waiting for a tech to finish a car that a customer is waiting for )

I can forgive you this time.  We really had a great time over there.  And to think, I never thought much of Maui before.  Just went to the wrong places.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:47:04 PM by jebus tristos » Logged

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4083 on: July 29, 2011, 08:37:47 AM »

Went for an abbreviated JJ ride this morning and almost got taken out by an old lady in a Camry on the H3 just before the tunnel...she was changing lanes like Mario doing the Indy 500, but I was ready for her... Grin

Some people install laser detectors but I found this really cool ap that actually scans for certain types of vehicles. I selected the Prius and the Camry and when those cars are recognized I get a little flashing light and an immediate throttle increase until they are passed. It's a little tricky at times but it can be immediately overridden with a touch of brakes, sort of like disengaging a cruise control. You'd be surprised how many of those car models are out there and how much they hold up traffic.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #4084 on: July 29, 2011, 10:14:15 AM »

Some people install laser detectors but I found this really cool ap that actually scans for certain types of vehicles. I selected the Prius and the Camry and when those cars are recognized I get a little flashing light and an immediate throttle increase until they are passed. It's a little tricky at times but it can be immediately overridden with a touch of brakes, sort of like disengaging a cruise control. You'd be surprised how many of those car models are out there and how much they hold up traffic.

After the first glance, I thought, wow, his bike can auto pass slow cars!  Then I am like, is he kidding? Wait, or he is referencing a car he was driving?  It's too early...  coffee
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4085 on: July 29, 2011, 11:19:48 AM »

I selected the Prius and the Camry...

I presume that the Camry mode will also detect Lexus ES300s... Grin

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4086 on: July 29, 2011, 05:40:50 PM »

I hate both cars ... Actually I hate Toyota products ....

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4087 on: July 29, 2011, 10:10:56 PM »

The 240D is not in danger of passing anything, unless it's on a downhill run.

whackie

« Reply #4088 on: July 30, 2011, 01:45:14 AM »

Painted a valve cover...

before:

after:

too bad brian is not around. he could have powder coated them. you would probably love the look of his engine. i think this was the last batch he did before he put the car back together.

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4089 on: July 30, 2011, 05:02:00 AM »

Nice parts ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4090 on: July 30, 2011, 07:24:59 AM »

Nice indeed!... waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4091 on: July 30, 2011, 04:07:32 PM »

Put the matrix back together.  I'm hoping to make the JJ run, but I'm sucking wind with a cold so it may be just for coffee.

Hope you make it!

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4092 on: August 01, 2011, 03:31:42 PM »

I took DRKWNG's advice and snagged a spot at Keith Code's Superbike School at NJ Motorsports Parkway (Thunderbolt).  The drive from DC was a scenic mini-road trip.  We got a track-side room to avoid an early morning drive coffee and give Teresa a cool place to hang out away from the sun waytogo.  She's being a great sport, even after she realized there is nothing for her to do (ehm...I told her so) ... good thing for cable and internet!

Hopefully the thunderstorms will subside by the morning (as forecasted).   bow down

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 06:38:27 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

!
« Reply #4093 on: August 01, 2011, 09:29:37 PM »

Oh, that's awesome.  Enjoy the crap out of it waytogo

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4094 on: August 01, 2011, 10:03:35 PM »

I took DRKWNG's advice and snagged a spot at Keith Code's Superbike School at NJ Motorsports Parkway (Thunderbolt).  The drive from DC was a scenic mini-road trip.  We got a track-side room to avoid an early morning drive coffee and give Teresa a cool place to hang out away from the sun waytogo.  She's being a great sport, even after she realized there is nothing for her to do (ehm...I told her so) ... good thing for cable and internet!

Hopefully the thunderstorms will subside by the morning (as forecasted).   bow down

Way cool.  Have fun!

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: