Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 11:20:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535258 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4245 on: September 24, 2011, 07:24:21 AM »

BTW, how autocross going?

Missed the last one because I was helping our my son, next one is on the 2nd...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
teddy037.3
« Reply #4246 on: September 24, 2011, 06:23:16 PM »

did make the beast with two backs all today. should have just stayed in bed.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4247 on: September 24, 2011, 06:26:02 PM »

There's still time.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
teddy037.3
« Reply #4248 on: September 24, 2011, 06:33:05 PM »

and that's why I'm on my bed surfing the internet  coffee
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4249 on: September 24, 2011, 06:36:20 PM »

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
teddy037.3
« Reply #4250 on: September 24, 2011, 06:58:06 PM »

what the...

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4251 on: September 24, 2011, 09:46:27 PM »

Had a great time catching up with Rick, Gene, Brandon and finally met Gloria.  Spent some time getting to know the crew at Montgomery motorsports...Brandon talked me into crossing to the other side of dirt bikes :-) 

Well, I'm off to set up my dive gear for tomorrow AM...I'll be there in spirit for the JJ run.

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4252 on: September 24, 2011, 11:25:27 PM »

Did a 11.25 mi ride on the Pegoretti this morning.  Small potatoes for sure but at this point it's re-hab for a damaged left leg and all is good, or as good as it will get. The body starts breaking down before the mind when you get older despite claims of some younger folk.   Wink  It's redefining how I approach life but not in my determination to fight the onset of advancing years.  Grin

The Hypermotard only needed a new battery and my contribution of said battery ensures me of more riding time on it.

Did an empirical test of the cylinder head temps & exhaust pipe temps on Gene's Streetfighter. There is no significant difference between the cooling and running of the horizontal cylinder vs. the vertical cylinder either at idle or when revving the engine. One sample is by no means definitive or conclusive but is encouraging when it comes to testing other bike samples.

Sorted out Tori's 620 engine running problems, or close to it. This took patience and flat out grunt work of swapping tank/fuel pump assemblies.

The problem will be either the fuel pump or the fuel filter. Given the limited resources to repair the problem I suspect I'll attack the fuel filter first. If that doesn't fix it then it'll be the fuel pump output (which I suspect is the real culprit) and that will start an interesting round of negotiations as far as repair costs go.

Finished off the day having some cold Sierra Nevada Anniversary Black Ale and a rare Avo 85th Anniversary cigar.

Looking forward to a fun ride tomorrow morning.

Oh, I may also be taking my calabash nephew out dirt bike riding w/ Brandon & crew. Now I'll have to get some new gear.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 08:00:22 AM by MadDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4253 on: September 25, 2011, 03:07:57 AM »

Looks like Rick is about to own two 620s.  Cheesy

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4254 on: September 25, 2011, 07:57:50 AM »

No no no & no!  There will be some money coming my way.  Tori's bike isn't going to be done totally free and the yellow bike is already in the parting out stages.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #4255 on: September 25, 2011, 08:07:51 AM »

Found out last night that I made the promotion list. Should be official on the first.

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4256 on: September 25, 2011, 09:12:04 AM »

Found out last night that I made the promotion list. Should be official on the first.

Congrats!..E-?... waytogo

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
zzilla

« Reply #4257 on: September 25, 2011, 02:29:34 PM »

Congrats!..E-?... waytogo

E-6 finally. Been waiting on points to drop since August.

-Gust Avrakotos
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4258 on: September 25, 2011, 03:25:19 PM »

Congrats ... correct if I'm wrong, but that gives you bars intead of stripes or ?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
zzilla

« Reply #4259 on: September 25, 2011, 04:34:08 PM »

looks like this

-Gust Avrakotos
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: