Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 07:20:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534536 times)
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4650 on: January 15, 2012, 09:49:20 AM »

Alternator for what vehicle??
Monster 620 ... or any other for the matter

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4651 on: January 15, 2012, 10:18:48 AM »

Why go HID when you could go LED?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4652 on: January 15, 2012, 10:40:50 AM »

... cause ... a guy bought a HID kit for Monster and bike is now ... how can we say ... in the afterlife ... living close to a construction site is not good and even a worse idea to park bike outside your own building if you gonna wake up late ... so, he's offering me the kit for next to nothing ... just don't trust OEM electrical ...

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4653 on: January 15, 2012, 04:53:00 PM »

I mentioned to him about the possiblility of having the tank coated and he said he would release the new tank to me for coating if I wanted to do that...he mentioned that Cosmic Airbrush might be able to do it.

Any thoughts or comments?

just heard back from Cosmic, due to EPA regs they don't coat tanks anymore... Sad

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4654 on: January 15, 2012, 07:01:56 PM »

Monster 620 ... or any other for the matter

I have a good used alternator for a 620.  You can have the whole side case and just bolt it up.

As you might have guessed there is no aftermarket for this application.  Sure, if you wanted to, you could totally machine/modify another alternator coil from another bike but would it be worth the time & money? 

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
tmitbyh

« Reply #4655 on: January 16, 2012, 12:20:12 PM »

w00t!  Fifty-nine bottles of beer bottled and waiting.  Time to clean up and go for a ride!
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4656 on: January 16, 2012, 01:22:35 PM »

w00t!  Fifty-nine bottles of beer bottled and waiting.  Time to clean up and go for a ride!

Enjoy your ride...hope the Mrs. gets well soon.

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4657 on: January 16, 2012, 02:35:10 PM »

I have a good used alternator for a 620.  You can have the whole side case and just bolt it up.

As you might have guessed there is no aftermarket for this application.  Sure, if you wanted to, you could totally machine/modify another alternator coil from another bike but would it be worth the time & money? 

I was just asking because of the reason given that I want to try install an HID kit specifically made for Ducati Monster so that the overall performance of it wouldn't suffer that much or would you recommend to stay away from said kit?

I'm learning ...

Carlos
tmitbyh

« Reply #4658 on: January 16, 2012, 05:47:18 PM »

Enjoy your ride...hope the Mrs. gets well soon.
Ride was great, got some good eats over at Keneke's since it has been a while as well.  Hopefully got some good video on the camera today as well.  Only down side was being harrased on 13 Turns by a kid even though I was doing 25/30 through there.  Roll Eyes  Maybe the exhaust makes it seem faster.   laughingdp

Wife unit seems to be somewhat better today.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 06:01:33 PM by tmitbyh » Logged
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4659 on: January 16, 2012, 09:37:57 PM »

Only down side was being harrased on 13 Turns by a kid even though I was doing 25/30 through there.  Roll Eyes  Maybe the exhaust makes it seem faster.   laughingdp

There's a very real possibility that just previously someone went through there a lot faster than you did.  People usually don't come out to the roads unless multiple passes have been made.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4660 on: January 16, 2012, 09:40:03 PM »

I was just asking because of the reason given that I want to try install an HID kit specifically made for Ducati Monster so that the overall performance of it wouldn't suffer that much or would you recommend to stay away from said kit?

I'm learning ...

? ? ? ?

Are you saying / thinking that you need more amperage to run the HID's?

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4661 on: January 17, 2012, 02:50:08 AM »

? ? ? ?

Are you saying / thinking that you need more amperage to run the HID's?

Yes ... or am I wrong?

Carlos
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4662 on: January 17, 2012, 08:42:20 AM »

Yes ... or am I wrong?

Good question!  I guess it depends on the type lamp that you want to run, halogen, xenon, whatever. It'd be a good research project.

You could always get a good used alternator winding and have it rewound somewhere, probably in SoCal.  Years ago, and maybe to this day, guys used to redo their alternators on their dirtbikes when they were running desert races at night.  They would run aircraft landing lights so they could see. At least you have a nice big round light and not these stupid projector beams that we have on the superbikes.

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4663 on: January 17, 2012, 09:09:14 AM »

Good question!  I guess it depends on the type lamp that you want to run, halogen, xenon, whatever. It'd be a good research project.

You could always get a good used alternator winding and have it rewound somewhere, probably in SoCal.  Years ago, and maybe to this day, guys used to redo their alternators on their dirtbikes when they were running desert races at night.  They would run aircraft landing lights so they could see. At least you have a nice big round light and not these stupid projector beams that we have on the superbikes.

Thanks for your honest answer ..

btw, almost got my hands on a 748S ... biposto, but, who cares?

Called guy, no answer, called again, mother answers, she lets me know that bike was in an accident yesterday and it seems bike was no good .. shame ... need to post in tosat ..

Carlos
tmitbyh

« Reply #4664 on: January 17, 2012, 07:21:34 PM »

There's a very real possibility that just previously someone went through there a lot faster than you did.  People usually don't come out to the roads unless multiple passes have been made.

I typically do two passes one down and one back with no issues and then stop at the top for a while and make a final pass before heading to Norfolk or keep on down the road taking a right at the light and heading out towards Norfolk.  Most of the time it is way too mossy and wet.
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: