Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 18, 2024, 01:20:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 524156 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5205 on: July 26, 2012, 08:41:29 AM »

I have come to realize that I really don't like being in a car... driving in is just so... goddamn weird.

If the dog didn't come to work with me I'd be on a bike way more often. Like that R1100S bike.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #5206 on: July 26, 2012, 08:53:25 AM »

It really isn't a "choke" per se but just more of a high idle. I haven't messed around too much with that but it is looming soon on my neighbors bike. There is a second cable from that thumb activated lever and a separate linkage at the throttles. Those get stuck or jammed for some reason that I haven't figured out yet. This is starting to happen to the bike I mentioned but is not so much of a problem that I have to sort it out, yet......

Thanks . . .

So, whoever sorts it out first, tells the other one . . deal?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5207 on: July 26, 2012, 09:46:32 PM »

Thanks . . .

So, whoever sorts it out first, tells the other one . . deal?

Works for me.  ( If you & I lived somewhere where it actually got sort of cold we'd have more incentive to get going on this.   laughingdp  )
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:48:29 PM by MacDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #5208 on: July 27, 2012, 04:26:11 AM »

Works for me.  ( If you & I lived somewhere where it actually got sort of cold we'd have more incentive to get going on this.   laughingdp  )

Somehow, these bikes are very hard to start without it here . . . Huh?

Did noticed that this particular bike has a bent OEM steering bar . . . uhm .. .. .. Can't compare to mine since, I replaced the OEM bar with a Renthal and now I have clip-ons .. .. No issues on my bike . .. . .. . All other M620s do have this issue with the OEM steering bar .. .. few people have taken the time to call me and report this issue . . weird uh?

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
teddy037.3
« Reply #5209 on: July 27, 2012, 07:50:05 AM »

If the dog didn't come to work with me I'd be on a bike way more often. Like that R1100S bike.

that would be pretty sweet
teddy037.3
« Reply #5210 on: July 27, 2012, 03:57:06 PM »

dang. I had the world's worst "lechon" for lunch today.... I'll need to hit up the golf course this weekend to make up for it
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #5211 on: July 27, 2012, 05:23:24 PM »

dang. I had the world's worst "lechon" for lunch today.... I'll need to hit up the golf course this weekend to make up for it

look chico, if you wanna have lechon either go to Miami or come to my place . . . I make the best 'yuca al moho' south of Miami . . .

Carlos
teddy037.3
« Reply #5212 on: July 28, 2012, 09:37:23 AM »

look chico, if you wanna have lechon either go to Miami or come to my place . . . I make the best 'yuca al moho' south of Miami . . .

fact: filipinos make the best lechon.  Kiss

If Tony Bourdain says so, it is so.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #5213 on: July 28, 2012, 12:10:28 PM »

fact: filipinos make the best lechon.  Kiss

If Tony Bourdain says so, it is so.

Man, I'm half Cuban . . . so I know my lechon . . . but,  . . . Tony is Tony . . .

Carlos
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #5214 on: July 28, 2012, 02:19:44 PM »

i went to SSD yesterday to check out the 1199s, sat on the bike, and hated it  Cry
the shock digging into my inner left thigh is a deal breaker for me. bill said the base model dont have that problem
but i have to wait till they put one together and bring it on the floor to see for myself. I miss my 848 and never should
have sold it so soon. and seeing the corse 848 next to the 1199 i really like the look of the 848 better... what have i done?  bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5215 on: July 28, 2012, 02:37:25 PM »

i went to SSD yesterday to check out the 1199s, sat on the bike, and hated it  Cry
the shock digging into my inner left thigh is a deal breaker for me. bill said the base model dont have that problem
but i have to wait till they put one together and bring it on the floor to see for myself. I miss my 848 and never should
have sold it so soon. and seeing the corse 848 next to the 1199 i really like the look of the 848 better... what have i done?  bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head

The regular 1199 still has the rear shock in the same place. Just might not have the electrically adjustable damping feature.  1199 is no commuter either.

supperduc
Don't blame me, I am only a

« Reply #5216 on: July 28, 2012, 02:54:51 PM »

the shock digging into my inner left thigh is a deal breaker for me.

But it only digs/rubs your thigh when you put your left foot down. Minor inconvenience and you can always put your right foot down instead. Pardon my directness but the 848 is no comparison to the 1199. 

07 S4Rs - Commuter
06 749s - Garage Queen
teddy037.3
« Reply #5217 on: July 28, 2012, 04:09:38 PM »

there's a pani in the showroom? I may have to take a detour after work

something good ought to come out of my day today, I've done make the beast with two backs all so far
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #5218 on: July 28, 2012, 10:36:38 PM »

But it only digs/rubs your thigh when you put your left foot down. Minor inconvenience and you can always put your right foot down instead. Pardon my directness but the 848 is no comparison to the 11 99. 

I could put my right foot down but my habit is to keep my right foot on the brake so i can streatch my  back. And since this is Hawaii i tend to stop a lot. and i know on a track the 848 couldn't even begin to keep up with 1199 (2 equally skilled riders) but on the streets here i just don't see there being that big of a difference. until i actually ride the 1199 i won't know for sure. And now that I've seen it in person, my personal opinion is that the 848 and 1198 are better looking .  I guess my biggest gripe is that i went in there to fall in love with my next bike. And ended up missing my old one in stead.

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #5219 on: July 29, 2012, 05:11:09 AM »

... fall in love with my next bike. And ended up missing my old one in stead.

You don't know what you've until you loose it?

Carlos
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: