Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 10:28:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 514847 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5430 on: February 22, 2013, 02:04:21 PM »

I just had the TOR slip on, as I was able to talk South Seas into throwing it into the deal.  I wanted the GPR in the video, but the price tag and the multi-month wait turned me away.  The bike in the video belongs to a friend of mine up here, and you really have to hear that exhaust in person to appreciate it.  LOUD AS HELL!!!!  But it sounds a lot like a GP bike, and provides quite a rush when you give it the beans.  One time when I was on that bike, a group of cyclists ahead of us decided to go three abreast as soon as they heard us coming up behind them.  Kind of pissed me off, so I down shifted and buzzed the guy furthest to the left (think inches off of his bars here) with the motor just under the rev-limiter.  The guys behind me got a big chuckle when the three guys on push-bikes basically tumbled into each other trying to get away from that angry swarm of bees.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.

« Reply #5431 on: February 22, 2013, 02:13:32 PM »

B
That's just plain nasty... Evil

Did you have any complaints with the TOR?
I really don't want to go "ungodly loud" as MD used to describe my Monster exhaust... Cool

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5432 on: February 22, 2013, 02:31:49 PM »

B
That's just plain nasty... Evil

They brought it upon themselves.  There's no way they didn't hear us coming, and they made the decision to take up more than 2/3rds of the road just as we were coming up to pass.

Did you have any complaints with the TOR?
I really don't want to go "ungodly loud" as MD used to describe my Monster exhaust... Cool

No, not really, but the thing was still pretty damn heavy.  If I had it to do over again I'd probably go with either a Jardine or 2Bros (if looking to spend small money) or drop the dime on the Arrow of Akrapovic (if looking to spend bigger money).  LeoVince also makes a full system for the earlier Daytonas that sounds pretty damned good.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5433 on: February 22, 2013, 07:12:11 PM »

Cleaned the SF this afternoon in anticipation of Sunday's JJ ride... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...

« Reply #5434 on: February 22, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »

Cleaned the SF this afternoon in anticipation of Sunday's JJ ride... Grin

Looks like weather may cooperate....clearing Sat eve!

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #5435 on: February 23, 2013, 01:03:20 AM »

Looks like weather may cooperate....clearing Sat eve!

That's the best news I've heard all week!

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk

« Reply #5436 on: February 25, 2013, 07:49:44 PM »

Took the 675 to SS Waipahu for the recall regulator - rectifier recall
Done under warranty.   waytogo
I wanted to have the CEL taken off but tech said the motor driving the EXUP keeps tripping the ECU, he did say that it's just a EPA noise issue, nothing to worry about

Got to work with time to spare & proceeded to break my key off in the seat release!!!
Luckily I have a spare at home & a colleague will bring me back to pick up the bike.

I think I need to lube the cable & catch mech.!!

BTW .... Looked at that beautiful red 1198 SP with the aluminum tank
Very nice!!!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:30:38 PM by 118811 » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5437 on: February 27, 2013, 10:28:10 PM »

Almost a couple of months ago I got the last ride on this:

Kind of fitting and ironic in a way as I brought that bike into the Islands and it was a catalyst in finding this board.

If any of you were following Frederick's part out thread in Parts for Sale you know a lot of the background story.

Then a few weeks later I wound up with this:

Last weekend it morphed into this:

The left side of the engine has been completely stripped down to just shafts sticking out of a case. On the side that you are viewing there only remains that pesky gear that seems to be fused to the end of the crankshaft.  The copper piece that you see on the end of the crank are mashed pennies where I've been working with a gear puller. It's flippin' on there. I've tried heat and hammer rapping on the puller and still no go.  I'm going to nuke it this weekend and will split the cases to get to the gearbox.   Grin

This is what one side of the shifting drum looks like. When you push the shift lever with your left foot and feel it click into gear that is the spring loaded arm in the picture rolling into one of the scalloped recesses. Neutral is that flattened point where the roller comes to rest.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:43:58 PM by MacDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.

« Reply #5438 on: February 27, 2013, 10:36:27 PM »

Not to get emotional ....but, that was a cool bike. waytogo
She will be missed

My current girl....got a new tail cowl.
Tried to take a Tantalus run but traffic at 3:45 wasn't cooperating...
So I terrorized Diamond Head, again!

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:19:53 PM by 118811 » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5439 on: February 27, 2013, 10:46:27 PM »

Not to get emotional ....but, that was a cool bike. waytogo
She will be missed

You bet.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5440 on: March 01, 2013, 01:09:57 PM »

Installed Gilles Tooling levers from Shift-Tech this morning...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...

« Reply #5441 on: March 01, 2013, 04:01:40 PM »

Those are sweet FP!

I want new levers for the 675

Thermite

It's not my brain that's getting fried here!

« Reply #5442 on: March 01, 2013, 10:52:23 PM »

Definitely sweet!  The screen looks cool too.

'07 S4RS and '04 998 Matrix.  Because sometimes I feel like a monster, and sometimes I don't.
Thermite

It's not my brain that's getting fried here!

« Reply #5443 on: March 01, 2013, 11:01:16 PM »

Prepped the Matrix for her 06:00 run down the snake tomorrow morning.  Gotta be careful early in the morning bcause there's a bakery at the bottom...with donuts.  Police

Still a bit lean that one.

'07 S4RS and '04 998 Matrix.  Because sometimes I feel like a monster, and sometimes I don't.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5444 on: March 03, 2013, 07:14:27 PM »

Got the new tank all Caswell coated.  I think 6 days curing time will be long enough  for installation next Sat.  There's still some minor cosmetics to look after and an oil change is due too.  Weekend after next I reckon.  Now I should go out & heat gun that carbon tank protector off the old tank.

Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: