Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 16, 2024, 09:21:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 513311 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6075 on: October 31, 2014, 01:26:22 PM »

Rick, find a way to test an RC8 (without Bill and his scooter) and let me know what you think.

Ronnie would take you out on a good test ride, unfortunately he's the finance guy now...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6076 on: October 31, 2014, 03:01:51 PM »

I'm sure Rick would want to discuss all the attractive financing options that exist on bikes like this…  Grin

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #6077 on: November 01, 2014, 08:50:50 AM »

Rick, find a way to test an RC8 (without Bill and his scooter) and let me know what you think.

OK. You made me do it.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6078 on: November 01, 2014, 08:53:29 AM »

OK. You made me do it.

As if your arm needed twisting... Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 01:14:31 PM by Speed 3 Pilot » Logged

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6079 on: November 01, 2014, 10:25:23 AM »

And?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6080 on: November 01, 2014, 03:05:04 PM »

Haven't gone down just yet. I have things for do. Get Tori's bike safety checked. Fix Gloria's car. Maybe later today.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6081 on: November 02, 2014, 11:19:47 PM »

Felt better this afternoon so I changed the oil in the speedy, lubed the chain and cleaned it...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6082 on: November 03, 2014, 08:41:43 AM »

That's what I did to mine in the afternoon too. Except for the oil change. That comes next weekend or the weekend after.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6083 on: November 16, 2014, 05:07:51 PM »

Helped Gloria with some stuff this morning. Did the oil & filter change on the bike. Worked a little bit on the Mercedes 240. Now kicking back & watching movies with Gloria.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6084 on: December 19, 2014, 01:05:29 PM »

Fitted a Renthal Street Low Fatbar to the Speedy yesterday, gave up on finding a take off from an S1000R...less pull back than the stocker though a bit wider, should be more comfortable for my wrists...

Ordered a set of Q3s from Revzilla this morning...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6085 on: December 19, 2014, 02:34:39 PM »

So did you take it out for a spin yet?  It'll be interesting to see what you think of the Q3's when you get them on. I'm thinking I have maybe another thousand miles on the Diablos.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6086 on: December 19, 2014, 03:32:30 PM »

So did you take it out for a spin yet? 

Just around the block for some mirror adjusting...less pull back so more forward lean, they also have me up on the tank like the streetfighter...at least that's the initial impression...

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6087 on: December 21, 2014, 07:54:47 PM »

Bike felt really good with the new bars, especially up/down Tantalus in the switchbacks...took two turns out of the fork preload also, which smooths out the ride a tad on the crappy portions of H1...

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6088 on: December 22, 2014, 01:15:20 PM »

What's the compression damping set at?  Might have had a better run smoothing out the harshness by reducing the comp damp, especially if the fork was dialed in to your weight already.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6089 on: December 22, 2014, 02:13:33 PM »

What's the compression damping set at?  Might have had a better run smoothing out the harshness by reducing the comp damp, especially if the fork was dialed in to your weight already.

Compression damping is set at the softest of the three recommended by the manufacturer settings...I know, this is only a recommendation and not set in stone.  When we checked the sag, everything was within the recommended settings except for the fork free sag, which was 34mm compared to the recommended 20-30.  this led me to believe that the harshness was due to a tad too much preload...make sense?... Huh?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:12:56 PM by Speed 3 Pilot » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: