Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 05:18:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534852 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4545 on: December 12, 2011, 04:41:09 PM »

Or more appropriately.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4546 on: December 12, 2011, 06:23:19 PM »

You're right in the ballpark.  waytogo

Customer said no can do with torque converter ... 2much $$$, haven't found one on *bay and can imagine how much one new cost ... rebuilding it is way too much, double shipping[to/from] ... Says he'll pay by end of month and if I want I can take car as payment ... NO!!!

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4547 on: December 12, 2011, 08:25:49 PM »

Customer said no can do with torque converter ... 2much $$$, haven't found one on *bay and can imagine how much one new cost ... rebuilding it is way too much, double shipping[to/from] ... Says he'll pay by end of month and if I want I can take car as payment ... NO!!!

Take the money due to you and say goodbye.  The nature of those cars is that they will always find a way with someone, somewhere.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
tmitbyh

« Reply #4548 on: December 12, 2011, 10:55:32 PM »

Because of the lack of a center stand and a way to measure the static and rider sag I've always measured actual travel as shown below.  I've also read a good deal about the rear spring being too stiff for a large span of weights of riders and had seen the above posted video as well.  That was the first thing I noticed about the bike when I first rode it was how harsh it was.  At the "stock" settings there is little to no compression when I sit on the bike and I can hardly move/compress it pushing on it.

I guess I need to "bulk" up to 220lbs., but I don't think the military will be too fond of that.   laughingdp

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4549 on: December 13, 2011, 07:50:49 AM »

Take the money due to you and say goodbye.  The nature of those cars is that they will always find a way with someone, somewhere.

That's what I'm going to do ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4550 on: December 13, 2011, 03:49:46 PM »

Found out that the fracture that I thought I got a few months ago was actually an aggravation of one that appears to be about nine years old.  Kind of ironic that I started having issues with my right wrist about that same time, and was seeking treatment from the docs at whichever posting I was assigned to at the time.  Well, now they tell me that the break is very old, never really healed at all and there is also a fair chance that the bone has become necrotic, and started to die/decay, due to the break never being addressed.  So it's off to a new series of MRIs I go.  Sure is a shame that I can't take these docs to court for being inept, as I'd be a very rich man by now...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4551 on: December 13, 2011, 06:27:01 PM »

Hope the hell they can do something for you now that they know there's a problem...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #4552 on: December 14, 2011, 12:55:06 AM »

Or more appropriately.

New rear shock from kyle or gain 40 lbs... decisions decisions decisions .

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4553 on: December 14, 2011, 03:06:35 AM »

Yeah, it's called bourbon.  Reading between the lines he's just reaching that age when you start to pay for all the fun you've had so far.

Well, if there weren't nine years worth of documentation in my medical records pertaining to the same issue, I'd say maybe you were on to something.  Couple that with the fact that all the military docs who saw it said it was just a sprain of some sort, "have some motrin and it will be fine" when it was actually a fracture to my scaphoid and yea, I'd say maybe you were on to something.  But once it is finally reviewed by a senior civilian doc, who sees the fracture from the (maybe fifteenth taken over the years) X-ray then does a physical inspection and says "you can actually feel the fractur when you move the wrist in this orientation"...  Yeah, other than that last bit, you could have been on to something.

Roll Eyes

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4554 on: December 14, 2011, 07:27:30 AM »

so what's the prognosis?...

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4555 on: December 14, 2011, 02:32:21 PM »

Not sure yet.  Have to wait for the mris.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4556 on: December 15, 2011, 08:57:45 AM »

My home computer got hit with the Windows XP 2012 Security virus.  Very nasty and I have only limited access to the web from work.   Angry

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4557 on: December 15, 2011, 10:51:37 AM »

bummer...

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4558 on: December 16, 2011, 07:58:49 PM »

My home computer got hit with the Windows XP 2012 Security virus.  Very nasty and I have only limited access to the web from work.   Angry

Another reason why I've been in love w/ Mac (Apple, not MacDuck you homos) for the past decade!  

Separately, we've been moving at a 100 miles per minute while trying to relax on the big island!  While they are all positive things, it has been a bit hectic...but photographing the lava flow into the ocean will be most memorable.  I'm hoping to stop by Will's shop, to say hello, before we return to Oahu on Sunday.  Meanwhile, I'm enjoying a wonderful sunset w/ Teresa, sitting by the fire pit (she's reading, so I can get away with being online  Evil)

http://gallery.me.com/freeflydive#100292&bgcolor=black&view=grid

« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 03:54:50 AM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4559 on: December 16, 2011, 08:35:40 PM »

The next computer could be a Mac, but I don't know. I'll see if I can fix this and then will add even more firewall, malware protection.

Goto says a Mac should have a Mac. Maybe...... Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: