Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 03:22:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534831 times)
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4560 on: December 17, 2011, 05:37:37 AM »

The next computer could be a Mac, but I don't know. I'll see if I can fix this and then will add even more firewall, malware protection.

Goto says a Mac should have a Mac. Maybe...... Roll Eyes

I wold if the software <diagnostics> wold run on Mac ... Both the Bosch's ESItronic and Socio Elite run on WinOS either XP-Pro or W7Pro ...

Today, 45K sevice to Skoda Octavia ... not much, oil/filter, air filter, general inspection ... should be done by lunch ... if customer arrives in time

MB guy, is selling 'as is' or 'for parts' ...good for him!

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4561 on: December 17, 2011, 11:27:48 AM »

Another reason why I've been in love w/ Mac (Apple, not MacDuck you homos) for the past decade!  

Separately, we've been moving at a 100 miles per minute while trying to relax on the big island!  While they are all positive things, it has been a bit hectic...but photographing the lava flow into the ocean will be most memorable.  I'm hoping to stop by Will's shop, to say hello, before we return to Oahu on Sunday.  Meanwhile, I'm enjoying a wonderful sunset w/ Teresa, sitting by the fire pit (she's reading, so I can get away with being online  Evil)

http://gallery.me.com/freeflydive#100292&bgcolor=black&view=grid

Great pics!...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4562 on: December 17, 2011, 11:29:15 AM »

I'll see if I can fix this and then will add even more firewall, malware protection.

Any progress?...

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4563 on: December 17, 2011, 01:39:44 PM »

Any progress?...

Not yet.  Shop internals keeping me too busy plus holiday stuff. I'm at shop now.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4564 on: December 17, 2011, 02:11:19 PM »

Great pics!...

Thanks...I'd like to hike the route next time (8 miles round trip) for better photos w/ my tripod.  The boat captain did a great job at getting 10-20 meters from the lava (I figured we were in prime running for the Darwin award if anything went wrong).   Grin

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4565 on: December 17, 2011, 02:15:03 PM »

Not yet.  Shop internals keeping me too busy plus holiday stuff. I'm at shop now.

Busy here too...weather permitting, you riding tomorrow?

tmitbyh

« Reply #4566 on: December 17, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »

freeflydive,

Did you use a particular "tour" service to see the lava flows from a boat?  The family and I are headed to the big island for Christmas and one of the things we wanted to do was just that.  Any other "must do's" you would suggest?
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4567 on: December 17, 2011, 07:32:50 PM »

Changed the oil on the M3 this afternoon...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4568 on: December 17, 2011, 07:50:06 PM »

Busy here too...weather permitting, you riding tomorrow?

Probably but still iffy.  Cary called me and left message regarding the same thing. Give me a call in the AM.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4569 on: December 18, 2011, 12:05:19 AM »

freeflydive,

Did you use a particular "tour" service to see the lava flows from a boat?  The family and I are headed to the big island for Christmas and one of the things we wanted to do was just that.  Any other "must do's" you would suggest?

Most of our time was spent around Waikoloa Village/Kona, but we enjoyed 2x days on the Hilo side.  We spent day #1 walking/biking the Volcanoes National Park and stayed overnight at KMC (http://www.kmc-volcano.com/) (open to all military)...we enjoyed returning to the Jagger Museum at sunset to view the "glow" appear from the Kilauea Caldera.  Day #2 started early w/ a 0500 lava boat tour...we chose the early sunrise tour due to a "relatively" calm sea state (trust me, take Bonine/Less Drowsy Dramamine) and the lava flow scene is more dramatic when transitioning from darkness to daylight.  We used "Lava Oceans Adventures" (http://www.lavaocean.com/) for the lava boat tour.  Capt Shane and his crew were very informative and a pleasure to spend time with.  The company also offers hiking tours, which are more enticing, but we were short on time.  

Other must do's (in no order)-
-Kona Brewing Co/Restaurant- "Great pizza" and fresh beer!  They offer complimentary daily tours at 1030 & 1500.
-Drive Hamakua Coast (when traveling btwn Kona/Hilo), stop at Akaka falls and Waimea Canyon
-Drive up to Mauna Kea visitor station to view the sunset...if you have a 4x4, drive up to the summit/observatory (~bundle up, its at freezing temps and currently snow caped).  The observatory has a stargazing event every Saturday 1800-2000.
-Enjoy bkfast at the "Coffee Shack" (http://www.coffeeshack.com/menu.html) in south Kona, then snorkel in the Kalekekua Bay (recommended by Will)
-Say hello to Will at Kiser Motorcycles in Kona  :-)
-If you SCUBA, we highly recommend "Kona Honu Divers" ... very customer oriented, professional and provide the closest "feel" to a live-aboard experience!  The coral and marine life along Kona is much healthier than most sites I've seen along Oahu's coast.  The morning dives are great and if you've never done it, the night time Manta Ray dive is breathtaking!  

We packed a fleece & a rain/wind breaker...came in handy in the morning/evening.  If you plan to drive up to Mauna Kea, pack cold weather clothes.  Our mobile GPS was a nice backup when exploring remote locations with poor cellular reception.  Most importantly, regardless of what you do, I hope the family has a great time together.  
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 12:08:12 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
tmitbyh

« Reply #4570 on: December 18, 2011, 02:11:16 PM »

Not sure how true it is because I haven't been able to find anything but some friends of ours have said you have to be sixteen or older to do the hikes.  So because of that we were planning to just do a boat tour, it seems that would have a "cooler" effect for the kids anyway.  We won't have a 4WD vehicle on the trip so we knew going to the top was out.  Rental prices were through the roof when I booked everything.   bang head  I am taking advantage of the 20% off deal at KMC since I recently got back from Afghanistan, so that is where we will be staying for this trip.

Thanks for the tips and I will pass them off to the wife.  I made her the "activity coordinator" for this trip.   laughingdp
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4571 on: December 18, 2011, 03:09:07 PM »

Good call on the weather today, Gene.  It was wet all the way into town and I listened to several showers pass over our steel roof while I buttoned up the R1100S. All is good.

Except for the computer virus part but I'm workin' on it.  Still cheaper than a new iMac.

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4572 on: December 18, 2011, 03:48:28 PM »

Cleaned up the garage after we came back from getting groceries and going to the doctor ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4573 on: December 18, 2011, 05:08:10 PM »

Spent most of the day so far cleaning & lubing the chain on the SF, then cleaned the rest of the bike.  After that I did some other chores and now I'm gonna have a beer and watch a little football... Grin

tmitbyh

« Reply #4574 on: December 18, 2011, 08:35:59 PM »

Except for the computer virus part but I'm workin' on it.  Still cheaper than a new iMac.

Sounds like you have a hold of things, but if you need help with anything let me know.  I am off all week, but fly out on the 22nd returning on the 26th and off that week as well.  And I'll keep my Mac thoughts to myself.   laughingdp
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: