Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 03:20:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534825 times)
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4575 on: December 18, 2011, 10:31:11 PM »

Thanks for the tips and I will pass them off to the wife.  I made her the "activity coordinator" for this trip.   laughingdp

No worries, Teresa was my travel/activity coordinator.  If the Mrs. has any questions, she's welcome to email her on honudiver11 at gmail.  Hiking tours age limits vary from one company to the next...they try to weight liability vs. ability.  She was able to save us on the car rental by booking on hotwire.com.  If the kids are interested in a bike tour, www.bikevolcanoes.com extends military discounts.  While on the Kona side, if you're not into scuba diving, several companies do night snorkel tours to see the Manta Rays.  Also, it's worth visiting the Hilton Hotel (Waikoloa Village) grounds to have lunch/drinks, enjoy the views and watch the dolphins (Dolphins Quest)..."watching is free, but you pay to touch"....errrr....swim w/ them  waytogo  

If you decide to spend the night in Kona, "Royal Kona Resort" occasionally runs Kamaina/military specials...Teresa paid $85 a night this past spring.  

Ciao,
Majdi
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 10:34:07 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
freeflydive

« Reply #4576 on: December 18, 2011, 10:55:37 PM »

We went to the Coffee Shack to eat in S. Kona (per Will's recommendation) and enjoyed a spectacular view.  We got home on Oahu in the evening to find that Teresa got me an early birthday present...I walked down to my bike to find an AGV GP Tech Rossi replica sitting on the tank.  I just fell in love a bit more...she's a keeper!

tmitbyh

« Reply #4577 on: December 18, 2011, 11:40:27 PM »

Yeah I think one of the summers I ship the kids off to see the grandparents I will schedule another trip.  Doing adult fun things is difficult with an 8 and 3 year old.  They would love the end result but I do not have the back to carry them both up a mountain.   laughingdp  Nice kill on the helmet.   waytogo
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4578 on: December 19, 2011, 05:11:15 PM »

**Late reply**

ffd: I took at least a half dozen trips to the big island specifically for lava viewing and photographing, and madame pele decided to cease operations every time.  Congrats on the good fortune!

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
freeflydive

« Reply #4579 on: December 19, 2011, 05:53:03 PM »

**Late reply**

ffd: I took at least a half dozen trips to the big island specifically for lava viewing and photographing, and madame pele decided to cease operations every time.  Congrats on the good fortune!

Thanks, it was an amazing sight to witness and gave me a better appreciation in how earths land mass is formed.  While it appears to be good fortune, I seem to have a knack for spurring natural disasters when I travel!   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:06:32 PM by freeflydive » Logged

« Reply #4580 on: December 20, 2011, 03:05:35 PM »

We went to the Coffee Shack to eat in S. Kona (per Will's recommendation) and enjoyed a spectacular view.  We got home on Oahu in the evening to find that Teresa got me an early birthday present...I walked down to my bike to find an AGV GP Tech Rossi replica sitting on the tank.  I just fell in love a bit more...she's a keeper!

You are a lucky man!!!
As I am sure you know....a woman who understands your passion & accepts it!!!!
She's a keeper....

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
tmitbyh

« Reply #4581 on: December 20, 2011, 04:55:40 PM »

USPS needs to update their delivery calculations or something.  They are getting on my last nerve.  I ordered stuff back in November that showed a delivery date of 19 November and it showed up the 7th or 8th of December.  I have time sensitive items that were suppose to be delivered on the 18th and still nothing.  I was really hoping to get this batch of beer in the fermenter before I went to the Big Island.   Cry

But I did manage to get most of my wort chiller built today.  I need to solder it together so it is not a giant slinky still and then attach the hoses.
freeflydive

« Reply #4582 on: December 27, 2011, 09:14:21 PM »

I stopped by SSC to get brake fluid in anticipation of my upcoming 7500mi service.  I met a lady (Cody AKA Nicole) that recently moved, along w/ her blk/red Monster, from NY...I gave her the link to desmotropic in case she wanted to network or join us on a JJ ride.  

Unfortunately, my afternoon turned sour when our recently adopted dog (Cooper) ran off into a full sprint down Kalakaua and Ala Moana (dragging his leash behind him) and is now roaming Waikiki!  I've reported him missing to the humane society/SPCA and now I'm headed out for a fourth time in hopes of finding him.  He has his tags and is micro-chipped, so I'm hoping someone will call us or turn him into the SPCA.  Wish me luck   Cry

UPDATE:  Cooper is back after sampling the finer things Waikiki has to offer a single guy...he ripped up his left paw/pad, but he's ok otherwise.  I love this dog, but I'm tired of Teresa coming home w/ project-dogs that have been previously abused for us to rehab!  Any way, the day ended on a good note...off to bed!    
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:40:36 AM by freeflydive » Logged

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4583 on: December 28, 2011, 02:33:59 AM »

You're lucky he didn't wind up like this:

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4584 on: December 28, 2011, 07:32:31 PM »

The upstairs neighbors lost two of their rescue dogs over the last two months. After recovering from a massive fight with some wild pigs, which he lost, the fight that is, it seems Bones might have gone back out looking for a re-match. That dog was ballsy and stupid at the same time. We fear the pigs finished him this time. Then Little Dog Rex went missing a couple of weeks ago. He could always get out of the gate no matter what. I think a car on Norfolk might have got him.

We're keeping a close eye on the two Dobie Rots and Sammy, of course, never strays.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4585 on: December 28, 2011, 07:35:42 PM »

Off to go buy some special New Years beer. I'll also try to make some more progress on the virus stuff. Tonight will be the clean the main unit and try to get the CD trays to work again part. If that CD tray won't fix then I will be thinking harder about an iMac.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
tmitbyh

« Reply #4586 on: December 29, 2011, 04:57:53 PM »

Extra productive today.  Managed to get a batch of beer brewed and wash one of the bikes and the wifes car.   Shocked  Now if I could just figure what is wrong with the AC/blower in the car and an OEM radio mount I will be in business.
freeflydive

« Reply #4587 on: December 30, 2011, 12:49:14 AM »

The upstairs neighbors lost two of their rescue dogs over the last two months. After recovering from a massive fight with some wild pigs, which he lost, the fight that is, it seems Bones might have gone back out looking for a re-match. That dog was ballsy and stupid at the same time. We fear the pigs finished him this time. Then Little Dog Rex went missing a couple of weeks ago. He could always get out of the gate no matter what. I think a car on Norfolk might have got him.

We're keeping a close eye on the two Dobie Rots and Sammy, of course, never strays.

I'm sorry to hear about your neighbors dogs.  Wild hogs are vicious and cars on Nofolk can be unforgiving.  I've stopped on Norfolk twice to coax dogs out of the street and find their homes.  Luckily I haven't been bit or hit!   

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4588 on: December 30, 2011, 08:36:56 AM »

Extra productive today.  Managed to get a batch of beer brewed and wash one of the bikes and the wifes car.   Shocked  Now if I could just figure what is wrong with the AC/blower in the car and an OEM radio mount I will be in business.

What make/model car?

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4589 on: December 30, 2011, 08:39:46 AM »

I'm sorry to hear about your neighbors dogs.  Wild hogs are vicious and cars on Nofolk can be unforgiving.  I've stopped on Norfolk twice to coax dogs out of the street and find their homes.  Luckily I haven't been bit or hit!   

Little Dog Rex finally turned up at the Humane Society and was reunited with his family. None the worse for the wear but not any smarter either.  laughingdp

It's not the dogs on Norfolk I worry about. It's the chickens!

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: