Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 11:15:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534691 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4620 on: January 08, 2012, 06:14:59 AM »

Well, yesterday's ride started off great.  Then...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4621 on: January 08, 2012, 06:19:56 AM »

What happend?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4622 on: January 08, 2012, 06:20:27 AM »

Not entirely sure yet, but my guess is that the alternator stopped alternating. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4623 on: January 08, 2012, 07:38:18 AM »

Bummer... Sad

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4624 on: January 08, 2012, 07:52:42 AM »

Bummer... Sad

No kidding.  Especially as it was in the low 60s here, in January!!!  Well, at least we had gotten about a hundred miles into the ride. 

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4625 on: January 08, 2012, 09:39:09 AM »

Not entirely sure yet, but my guess is that the alternator stopped alternating. 

Crap!

Is there an aftermarket 'upgrade'[more power] for it as is for the regulator/rectifier?

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4626 on: January 08, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »

Well, yesterday's ride started off great.  Then...

A sad sight to see for sure.

Looks just like my bike when Brandon left the parking lights on when we stopped up at Dillingham.

Chances are it's the regulator / rectifier. That sort of thing. 

Are you going to have Donnie's guys look at it or have you found someone else?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4627 on: January 08, 2012, 09:13:03 PM »

BTW....... I have most of the computer virus thing sorted out.  I think.   So far things are working pretty good with just a few hiccups here & there. 

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4628 on: January 08, 2012, 11:07:14 PM »

Cool...maybe you should get a side job with Super Geeks, it'll help ya with the down on the Panigale... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4629 on: January 09, 2012, 08:32:37 AM »

Cool...maybe you should get a side job with Super Geeks, it'll help ya with the down on the Panigale... Grin

I'm a long, long way from Super Geeks or a Panigale.  Cry

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4630 on: January 10, 2012, 06:28:01 PM »

painted ye olde clutch cover...

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 06:30:32 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4631 on: January 11, 2012, 02:49:50 AM »

very nice fighter ...

Carlos
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4632 on: January 11, 2012, 10:32:11 PM »

Dropped off the bike w/ Eddie @ SSC to adjust the valves and replace the belts for the 7500 service.  Eddie had a little time, so we chatted for a bit...he was informative with great customer service.  I already can't wait to get her back...   

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4633 on: January 12, 2012, 10:47:20 PM »

Sooo...a good news story after a long day at work!  I called SSC for the invoice total, only to find out they did the full 7500 service to include flushing/changing the fluids, which I originally planned to do on my own.  When I picked up the bike, Shawn and Stephanie not only noted the discrepancy/miscommunication, but were kind enough to fix it subtracting $350 from the invoice w/out me asking!!!  Shawn, Stephanie, Christian, previously Will and now Eddie are always helpful and make time for their customers - it's truly an enjoyable experience every time I visit the shop.

Sorry for my rant, but this was a completely unexpected positive surprise after a long and crappy day!   

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4634 on: January 13, 2012, 01:48:18 PM »

Took a short ride this morning and stopped off at SSD to say hi.  While there Arlon asked me how my "new" tank was doing and I told him that it's showing signs of swelling, he took a look and said he would order another one, my 4th.

I mentioned to him about the possiblility of having the tank coated and he said he would release the new tank to me for coating if I wanted to do that...he mentioned that Cosmic Airbrush might be able to do it.

Any thoughts or comments?

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: